Howard Dean!!!

iVillage Member
Howard Dean!!!
Tue, 07-15-2003 - 3:11pm
iVillage Member
In reply to: goofyfoot
Wed, 07-16-2003 - 6:06pm
I've seen this before. I'd love to know, just what does Howard's political platform have in common with McGovern? Even I didn't vote for McGovern (would have been tough, anyway. I was only 13 and too busy monitering my escalating estrogen levels to pay too much attention. If memory serves me right, McGovern was a senator (we rarely elect senators. I think the last one was Kennedy.) who was proposing policy and programs that had no history of success.

Also, Goofyfoot, tell me, are you the only iVillage hardcore Bush supporter, or are others just afraid to comment?

iVillage Member
In reply to: goofyfoot
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 1:28pm
Perhaps Bush supporters such as myself just do not see a lot of point in holding discussions with the Bush Bashers who will say anything just to get a jab at the president... or... hard core republicans who continually bash democrats. I read the posts and will reply if I see some fresh ideas and think someone actually wants to engage in an exchange of ideas and opinions about government policy etc. When the same theme is discussed over and over it gets dull. Some people may think I am "afraid" but I really do not have a desire to spend a lot of time and energy responding to posts that are stictly based on party affiliation and are generally consumed with hate and rage. I am not a democrat or a republican.... I am an American.... I enjoy civil exchanges between individuals with a wide range of ideas and opinions. When the board gets so hate filled I do not bother posting.

For anyone taking offense ....I am not refering to a specific post or poster... I am simply observing an atmosphere.