Can the Democrats Win???

iVillage Member
Can the Democrats Win???
Thu, 07-17-2003 - 3:26pm
Interesting comments concerning this question...

Excerpt:

<>.

Full story:

http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php3?table=old&section=current&issue=2003-07-19&id=3319

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 9:06am
interesting point! It does seem as though no unifying theme exists in the democratic platform beyond a broad and histrionic hatred of the republicans. What kind of leadership is that?
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 2:22pm
I believe the DEMS are ruining a good opportunity to get into the running by consistently making their platform Bush-bashing. People aren't stupid; we are aware of what is going on in Iraq and we are aware of the economy. That's a given. So why don't the DEMS start talking hard ISSUES? If they can do BETTER than Bush, HOW? The DEMS are still arguing the uranium ordeal in the State of the Union address, but other than Bush-haters, the majority of people DON'T CARE. Most also don't believe that Bush and Blair DELIBERATELY tried to conspire and LIED about the reasons we went into Iraq.

The Senate Intellegence Committee (which consists of both REPS and DEMS) had two members from both parties publicly say they do not believe Bush LIED about anything.

I'm tellin' ya, the DEM party is out of touch with the majority of their own party, IMO.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 2:47pm
I agree. The Dems could make much more headway if they actually had a plan for what they would do if they were put in office. Right now it seems all they want to do is complain and place blame. They need a plan of action.
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 4:28pm
what's worse is that they are basically allowing the republicans very little opposition. How would the republicans have to behave if there was a unified, active, coherent opposition? For heavens sake, the movie stars and the democrats look exactly the same, what does that tell you? The democrat leadership is not leading, they are taking their cues from hollywood! How pathetic is that?
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-18-2003 - 5:29pm
I do think that if the Dems had someone to step up and really try to accomplish something, the Republicans would have to work harder too. As for certain Movie Stars... they need to buy a clue and the Dems need to garner their support elsewhere.