Tom DeLay is one scary man...

iVillage Member
Tom DeLay is one scary man...
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 10:25am
Here's an article in today's NY Times about his stance on Israel and the Palestinians...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/25/international/middleeast/25DELA.html

This man scares me to death and here are two paragraphs from the article that explain why.

"During the last year or two, Mr. DeLay has emerged as a significant figure in Middle East policy, particularly since his ascension to the majority leader's post this session. He has often fought for more aid to Israel than the Bush administration has offered, and has in the past called the peace plan "a road map to destruction."

As an evangelical Christian, he is the most prominent member in Washington of the Christian Zionist movement, a formidable bloc of conservative Republicans whose support for Israel is based on biblical interpretations, sometimes putting them to the right of Israeli government. His persistent skepticism about Mr. Bush's peace initiative indicates that the president may yet have to wrestle with his right flank in pursuing a plan that ultimately calls for a Palestinian state."

If Tom DeLay has his way there will be no separation of church & state and his reactionary, far right wing, religious agenda will control us all. Zionist Christians believe in Armageddon and want it to happen now, and will do anything to hurry things along no matter how many people die. He has way too much power!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 3:40pm
Both Tom DeLay and The Shrub (GW Bush) are scarey to me!
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 9:00pm
I agree. They are both scarey. Sadly there are other scarey ones in that bunch. Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, and Cheney come to mind.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 11:02am
I personally was the most frightened by GORE. LOL I do not really know what it was about him but just to look at him sent shivers up my spine. I really hope he does not enter the political arena again any time soon.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 2:37pm
It is painfully obvious that the many years of being exposed to Pesticides has turned Bug Man DeLay into a demented fool.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 5:00pm
I am not a fan of Gore either and only voted for him because Bush was obviously so bad! I have had a chance to shake hands with most of these guys and Gore in that setting is IMO much more personable than he is on TV. Bob Dole is really creepy face to face!
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2003 - 10:26pm
LOL there are quite a few that just give me the heebie jeebies.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2003 - 7:44pm
...but he does have a h*ll of a sense of humor.

Fear and Loathing in the Mother Ship

http://www.majorityleader.gov/news.asp?FormMode=Detail&ID=127

Renee