On a lighter note,

iVillage Member
On a lighter note,
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 3:06pm
Today, I heard a writer interviewed who has started a website called "Michael Moore Hates America". The writer (whoses name I've forgotten, sorry) is writing a book about the "real" America. As a result, I did a yahoo such for this website. Actually, the website turned out to be very interesting! You might want to check it out!
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 4:02pm
Interesting. I'll keep an eye on it and see where it goes...

~mark~

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-31-2003 - 4:41pm
Oh, BTW, did you check the various links the site provided? The first one didn't work (the site appeared to still be under construction) but some of the others were VERY interesting, and very illuminating if you were interested (either way) in "Bowling for Columbine". Here's one of the best detailing many of the failures in "Bowling" which remove it from the category of documentary and dump it in with all the other fiction-category movies...

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

I'm truly curious as to how all those individuals who raved about "Bowling" have been reacting to revelations like these where their idol Moore's duplicity and lies are concerned...

~mark~

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2003 - 10:06am
Uggh, there is no "real" America. I'm so sick of people trying to usurp America for their own interests. Basically there are a multitude of realities in America, from Bill Gates to the crack dealer in the inner-city. All real, all American. It's just that some people tend to think that this country is only for people who fit their view and that's ridiculous. Alright, I'm going away for the weekend So I can't say much more now.

Keepin it "Real" in Philadelphia. Much love, The Diva
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-01-2003 - 4:20pm
So you support the rights of "real American" crack dealers? And to say that in the same sentence as Bill Gates....

The "real America" I know does not include the "do whatever feels good" crowd. It's dangerous, BAD for society, and I will always JUDGE it as such.