Dean Hates Bush ....

iVillage Member
Dean Hates Bush ....
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 4:49pm
...More Than Kerry Does.

(2003-08-04) -- Vermont Gov. Howard Dean announced today that he hates President George Bush more than any of his Democrat presidential rivals do, especially Sen. John Kerry.

"I acknowledge that Senator Kerry has a certain disdain for George Bush," said Gov. Dean. "But my hatred for the president is pure, and deep and wide. My rage about him is unfettered, palpable and savage."

"Americans want to know that the Democrat nominee is no pretender," Gov. Dean added. "Whoever we nominate must really despise George Bush to the core of his being. I am Bush-hate incarnate."

DNC chairman Terry McAuliffe said today that the party will release the official Bush Loathing Index (BLI) for each Democrat candidate later this week.

http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/001109.html

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 5:07pm
SO?
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 5:33pm
the litmus test for democratic hopefuls is reduced to pathetic diatribes such as this?
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 7:25pm
That is because this is the only platform that the Democrats have to run on.

They have nothing else of substance.

They all complain that the economy is horrible, but none has a working plan to actually do something about it.

They all complain about the War in Iraq, but almost all of them supported the effort in one way or another.

They all complain about the situation with our country being so dependent on foregin oil, but none have a plausible idea of what to do about it.

It is fine to be against things, but unless they have a better idea, then the only thing they can use to attack Bush is diatribe and rhetoric.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 8:38am
It seems that the dems are projecting a minority party attitude. The danger they present, however, is still there; that is to loot the productive element of society for the benefit of the unproductive. Bush has been a wimpy republican in that he has cow-towed to this attitude with his so called "compassionate conservatism". The fact that conservatives have fallen to to this level is indicative of the level of infiltration the looting mentality has been able to garner. Don't get me wrong, compassion has its' place, when it's voluntary, but there is no greater compassion than not allowing people to fall into the malaise of government dependence and instead taking charge of their own lives. In my view, the dems and now even the republicans have created a culture of dependence and lack of empowerment.

All the rants against Bush are designed to undermine him in any way possible in order re-gain power. Don't mistake the professional politicians sole objective: it is driven by a lust for power, and ideologies are only a means to that end. In the final analysis, both parties basically do the same things, but the main game is who has the ball and who doesn't.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 8:42am
--

They all complain that the economy is horrible, but none has a working plan to actually do something about it.

--

Sure they do, repeal the tax cut and bring the Government back to a respectable level of TAX and spend, rather than the proven FAILED methods of Borrow and Spend.

But no, the Administration says time and time again, that their plan is working and things are on the rebound: When one bush creates ONE NET JOB, I'll shut up.

The Candidates are Angry, the voters are equally angry. Bush is hated by most outside of his circle, and somewhat inside his circles.

Edited 8/5/2003 9:01:55 AM ET by go_left

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 9:54am
But it can't be always and only about hating Bush.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 10:43am
Reality check here... Repealing the tax cut would help *somewhat*, but it wouldn't even begin to fix the economy or restore revenues to what they were before the economy began it's slide several years ago. Revenues are down not just because of the tax cut (and in fact the tax cut hasn't had that much of an impact as of yet) but because the market slide has cost us billions in real dollars over the last 3 years. And repealing the tax cut won't alter that in the slightest.

As for "respectable levels of tax and spend", that's difficult to do when your revenues aren't even close to what's required just to *maintain* current levels of spending for general services, much less expand them to meet growing need.

No, the tax cuts are largely (but not entirely) a target of opportunity rather than a cause for our current economic state. There is far more to the situation than that, and the calls for "repealing the tax cut" don't even begin to address them.

~mark~

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 10:54am
There are many Democrats who hate The Shrub! The Shrub has given the AMerican people plenty of reasons to disapprove of him. How about The shrub's unjust and unnecessary war on Iraq? What about his mismanagine of the economy? How about all of the lost jobs. Please don't tell me his "tax" "cut" is going to create jobs! I don't believe any of the non-sense coming from the Shrub and Company! Can we please send his fool back to Texas with his tail between his legs.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 11:30am
<>

SO?? Who cares?

>

Many more APPROVE of him.

<>

No unjust or unnecessary. It has been quite successful. We are eliminating that dictator Saddam and his spawns. Bin Laden is next.

<>

Elaborate here please? How has he mismanaged the economy...This makes no sense.

<>

Because it gives people such as myself money to go out and spend OUR OWN money the way we see fit to. I am doing my part...We are buying a new house.

<>

So...You believed Bubbas nonsense...So your opinion is somewhat mute...As for the other...No we can't...HE has a second term to irritate you democrats a bit more.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2003 - 4:07pm
No! I didn't believe everything, that Clinton said about anything! Do you believe all of the lies coming from this administration? Here are some facts, that you won't see reported on Faux News! The Shrub's approval ratings have dropped. The Shrub could end up being a one term President (Unfortunately, a Democrat will have to clean up The Shrub's mess.) How do you measure the success of the Shrub's war on IRaq. If this war has been a success, why haven't we been able to find SH or his WMD? Why are our service people still being killed? Do you remember Vietnam? Iraq is beginning to look alot like Vietnam? Please turn off Faux News and buy a clue!

Pages