Torture works guy is a big fat liar

iVillage Member
Torture works guy is a big fat liar
Tue, 01-26-2010 - 11:42pm

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/01/26/cia_man_retracts_claim_on_waterboarding

What a surprise. Those who tout the benefits of torture are dishonorable and make up facts. No wonder all the good guys throughout history tortured the bad guys until they squealed to save the day.

Look at Cheney, the chickenhawk to end all chickenhawks. Look at Bush, the kid who got his kicks blowing up frogs by sticking fire crackers in their mouths, the Atwater protege, the political strong man for his father, the ex-drunk druggie, the draft dodger who made us fools by leading us into a war based on false premises. And what about their Turdblossom friend Rove? Bush, Cheney and Rove. The three amigos. How many real heros, how many real good guys were they lasting friends with? Poor Powell found out the hard way about those torture loving clowns.

And John Kiriakou, CIA advocate of torture under them all, is a liar.

What a surprise. What a surprise. Yeah right.

Despite it all, I have faith in America. I have faith America will wake up. It's too darn obvious.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 1:42am

((Now comes John Kiriakou, again, with a wholly different story. On the next-to-last page of a new memoir, The Reluctant Spy: My Secret Life in the CIA's War on Terror (written with Michael Ruby), Kiriakou now rather off handedly admits that he basically made it all up.))

What a surprise....he changes his story just in time to plug his new book. Hmmmm.....

At no point does he or anyone else say that waterboarding doesn't work. He just admitted that he wasn't there when he originally said he was. Sounds like a guy trying to get his 15 mintues, to me.

Personally, I don't give a darn what they do to those terrorists to try to get information. I don't care if they rip their fingernails out one by one. As far as I am concerned, we should make it loud and clear that any captured terrorists will be tortured in the most unimaginable ways!

Do you really think that those guys played nice with our captured soldiers? You remember don't you....the ones they tortured and killed in unimaginable ways?

http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeast/articles/2006/06/21/us_pair_reported_tortured_beheaded/

Sorry, call me crazy...but I have no problem with terrorists getting waterboarded.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 7:54am

Do I really think "these guys played nice with our captured soldiers"? Heck no. I am not dumb. Do the bad guys typically "play nice"? Heck no. Do the good guys typically torture the bad guys with Medieval torture techniques for years only to get mostly worthless information? Heck no.

Let me repeat what should be obvious. Good guys don't torture. Bad guys, as you say, torture. Good guys don't torture.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 8:11am

((Do the good guys typically torture the bad guys with Medieval torture techniques for years only to get mostly worthless information?))

I cannot say as to whether or not the information was "mostly worthless". Obama would not release the files that told of the good information we obtained. He only released the files that said we tortured. I find that highly suspicious. Why not release ALL the information instead of only the files that feed his agenda?

If any information that was obtained by "torturing" a terrorist saved even one American life....or any life for that matter....it was not worthless, IMO. But we will never really know, because Obama chooses to keep that information classified.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 6:53pm

No matter what your feelings on waterboarding, I find it a little convenient to explain this away so easily by saying, "Sounds like a guy trying to get his 15 minutes, to me." Did you say the same thing when he was giving interviews saying how well waterboarding worked?

Chrissy

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 9:49pm
You think you are really going to get an answer????
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 10:02pm
Well, lessee...Abu Zubaydah...waterboarded...got actionable intelligence...Khalid Shaikh Mohammed...waterboarded...got actionable intelligence...Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab...given a lawyer and read his rights...nah, not much after that. Stupid Obama.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 10:10pm

>>> Sorry, call me crazy...but I have no problem with terrorists getting waterboarded.

Hey, you're crazy...me too. ; )

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-27-2010 - 10:12pm
You're right...Barry doesn't "torture"...he farms it out. Shipping American enhanced interrogation jobs overseas. LOL!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 4:19pm

(( I find it a little convenient to explain this away so easily by saying, "Sounds like a guy trying to get his 15 minutes, to me."))

It always seems like people come out and change their accounts of things just when they happen to have a book coming out. I just find it a little too convenient, that's all.

((Did you say the same thing when he was giving interviews saying how well waterboarding worked?))

No....because he didn't change his story then....and he didn't just so happen to have a book coming out.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 11:26pm

"If any information that was obtained by "torturing" a terrorist saved even one American life....or any life for that matter....it was not worthless, IMO. But we will never really know, because Obama chooses to keep that information classified."

?? Bush kept it classified. And what has come out has shown torture did not work. Worse yet, suspects that were providing valuable info stopped once they were tortured. Tortured suspects admitted they would say anything to make it stop. There is no evidence that torture works. In fact, it seems likely to me that we lost a lot more lives because of the valuable information we did not get had we used time tested interrogation techniques and because people the torture made so many people hate and try to kill Americans.

Pages