Racist Remarks from Tim Matthews

iVillage Member
Racist Remarks from Tim Matthews
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 1:08pm
Did anyone catch the racist remarks coming out of CHRIS Matthews last night? To him Obama was so good Tim "forgot he was black" (for an hour). Then he was amazed that there was no tribalism.... WHAT??? If a Fox reporter said anything like that we would never hear the end of it. I'll bet this guy keeps his job because we all know Democrats can make racist remarks with immunity! LMHO

Edited 1/28/2010 5:27 pm ET by outofthefryingpan

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 3:42pm

I think you mean Chris Matthews.

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FroiTCXN3xU

I can hardly wait to hear how the liberals will explain this one away and brush it off. Can you even imagine if a reporter at Fox news said anything like this???? OMG!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 5:24pm
Yes, Chris Matthews. I agree. Fox would NEVER hear the end of it. They would be calling for the whole station to be taken off the air if one of their commentators said something like this! Unbelievable!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 6:07pm

Bruce Bartlett wrote a book a few years ago called "Wrong on Race: The Democratic Party's Buried Past." I was flipping through it while waiting for a table at a local bookstore (a rarity these days). What was

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 6:55pm

Yes, I was surprised, too that Chris Matthews would say that. I've been watching his show occ. the past year and he hasn't been the biggest Obama fan, so I wasn't as surprised as some might be that he's more racist than other MSNBCers.

What would happen if a FOXer said that? I don't think it wouldn't ever happen because I think they are all too racist to ever be able to forget that he is black. Of course, they do lie a lot, so I suppose one could say that if he/she were lying.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 8:36pm
Don't forget that one of the greatest black Americans was Republican...Martin Luther King, JR. I am so proud to be a Republican with the likes of this historical man. Such a shame that the Kennedy's corrupted him.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 8:38pm

"I don't think it wouldn't ever happen because I think they are all too racist"

could you supply some proof to back up this statement, from something other than the typical lybral sites. (yes i spelled it wrong purposely)

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 8:41pm
That's an unprovable urban legend and it's pretty evident he would not be support the current flavor of Republicans.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 8:54pm

Chris Matthews doesn't represent all democrats or liberal anymore than Rush represents all conservatives or republicans.

This liberal thinks he's an idiot. Didn't he have a thrill going up his leg when listening to an Obama speech in the past? What political pundit would seriously think that would contribute to political discourse? He may be a racist, but he has also made his opinions irrelevant by the shear stupidity of the things he says.

So slam him all you want, you have this liberal's blessing.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 9:08pm
then why post what can't be backed up? i see so many liberals want proof from conservatives, when it is presented it is denied. why? why can't liberals back up that foxnews is racist if they all believe it?
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 9:49pm

Huh? If the Fox news network, e.g. Beck, O'Reilly, Doocy and company make racist statements and it seems that they do, I think they should be called on them. Are you suggesting that the Fox News allegedly racists comments can't be backed up? Their long history of statements speak for themselves.

If Matthews make racists statements on MSNBC, feel free to call him out. I'm sure no liberal will feel the need to defend him. He is not a liberal.

Edited 1/28/2010 9:50 pm ET by chestnuthooligan

Pages