latest example of liberal lunacy...

iVillage Member
latest example of liberal lunacy...
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 8:11pm

http://freedomedium.com/2010/01/the-latest-example-of-liberal-lunacy/

The Latest Example Of Liberal Lunacy

January 30, 2010 ·

The moonbats are at it again.

As each day goes by, I become more and more convinced that liberals have to be some sort of alien life form from another planet.

It seems to be the only explanation for utterly stupid things that concern them.

I was sort of hoping that with the Christmas season behind us, this “separation of Church and State” silliness would go away for awhile.

In the latest example of liberal lunacy, the Freedom From Religon Foundation is urging a boycott of the United States Postal Service.

What has these mental midgets so outraged is that the USPS plans to issue a postage stamp honoring a woman.

This woman:

Mother Teresa.

A Nobel Prize winner who, unlike some recent folks awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, actually did something to earn the award.

The Freedom From Religon Foundation had this comment:

“Mother Teresa is principally known as a religious figure who ran a religious institution. You can’t really separate her being a nun and being a Roman Catholic from everything she did.”

Right.

Like spending her lifetime doing humanitarian work in the poverty and squalor of Calcutta.

The idiot liberal (redundant) members of the Freedom From Religon Foundation are among the left-wing whack jobs who are always running their mouths about how we all have an obligation to help those less fortunate than us, would be singing the praises of Mother Teresa if she had been an atheist.

Because she was a Roman Catholic nun, she shouldn’t have her picture on a postage stamp.

Just what planet do these people come from anyway?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 8:25pm
If they and their members boycott a stamp, what harm will it do? Let them not buy the Mother Teresa stamp. To teach them a lesson, those who feel the opposite should buy only Mother Teresa stamps.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-30-2010 - 9:41pm
I think the moonbat-haters should coin their own phase. "On what planet do you live" has been taken by Barney Frank.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 1:11am
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 2:04am
I wonder if the liberal moonbats from planet Stupidia also boycotted MLK's stampS?
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 9:00am

No, the Freedom from Religion Foundation did not boycott MLK's stamp. You can read about their reasoning on their website. Personally, I think it's silly but then again, it's not a cause that I feel strongly about so who am I to judge? If they want to boycott the stamp then they have every right to.

Chrissy

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 1:35pm
Ahhhh - it's been a while since I've seen that "moonbat" phrase - are there any members here with that "moonbat guild" siggy???
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 4:02pm
Those aren't necessarily liberals, they are one particular atheist group. As a liberal atheist myself, I find the whole thing stupid and have no problem with a Mother Teresa stamp.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 5:21pm

>>> No, the Freedom from Religion Foundation did not boycott MLK's stamp. You can read about their reasoning on their website. Personally, I think it's silly but then again, it's not a cause that I feel strongly about so who am I to judge? If they want to boycott the stamp then they have every right to.

Sure they do...but hypocrites should be called out, and condemned, at every turn. Frankly, their boycott will probably amount to a loss of about a buck-forty to the post office...but having to buy all of their signs and paint will help stimulate the economy. ; )

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 5:37pm

"one particular atheist group. As a liberal atheist myself,"

no further evidence, your honor. all atheist's are liberal.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-31-2010 - 5:53pm

Oh, I see someone needs a refresher course on logical fallacies. :-)

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/hasty-generalization.html

Pages