Joe the Plumber turns on McCain & Palin

iVillage Member
Joe the Plumber turns on McCain & Palin
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 11:55pm
Joe the Plumber goes off on McCain, says he 'screwed up my life'

By Eric Zimmermann - 02/14/10 11:12 AM ET

Joe the Plumber is no longer a fan of either Sarah Palin or John McCain, it seems.

Joe, also known as Sam Wurzelbacher, told an audience in Pennsylvania this week that McCain "is no public servant."

"McCain was trying to use me," Wurzelbacher said, according to public radio correspondent Scott Detrow. "I happened to be the face of middle Americans. It was a ploy.”

"I don’t owe him s—," Wurzelbacher continued. "He really screwed my life up, is how I look at it.”

(more)

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 12:00am
So it took this dolt a yr and a half to figure out McCain and Palin are phonies and they were just using him.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 7:30am
LOL! That was my reaction, too.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 8:20am

My reaction, too. But like SP, he must have gotten caught up in the 'wowness' of his sudden celebrity status. At least he, unlike SP, realizes it's over.

I wonder how much McCain, or the RNC, is paying SP to publicly say she backs McCain. Can't believe they'd enlist her help(?) again after the first go round.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 8:25am

I was hoping there would be more at the link explaining how McCain ruined this guys life. Not so. All I can say is wah, wah, wah, cry me a river. He's an adult, he wasn't drug into this kicking and screaming. He tried to take advantage of his instant fame as much, if not more than McCain. It just didn't seem to work out too well for him. But heck, he got another 15 minutes and people are eating it up! That mean old McCain @@

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 8:28am
LOL! I couldn't agree with you more!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 10:52am
I actually feel sorry for the guy. His life was ruined for using his constitutional right of free speech. That should not have happened. It was a travesty. I don't blame him for being angry with all involved. He is an ordinary citizen that was perceived by the left wing as a threat so they went after him with a vengeance that was completely unnecessary to the point of actually being evil if you ask me. McCain should have dropped it when he realized how over the top evil the attacks had become on this ordinary Joe. I'm no fan of McCain, but I don't think he realized at the time how threatened the left would be of this guy and the frenzied hurry they would be in to destroy him.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 10:57am
And the only thing he has against Palin is her support for McCain's re-election. I think it would be dishonest to imply that he thought she also used him, or that he had anything more than that against her.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 11:40am

<< He is an ordinary citizen that was perceived by the left wing as a threat so they went after him with a vengeance that was completely unnecessary...>>

I don't know that I would classify it as evil or that Joe was considered a threat. I think they wanted to know who he was, and in looking him up, discovered that he lied about a lot about himself, so they reported that.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 11:50am
If he wasn't perceived as a threat, what motive would the left wing have to "investigate" him so thoroughly? If we were not perceived as a treat they would have left him alone instead of making it their mission to destroy his life. I think that was evil.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-15-2010 - 11:51am
Ok, lets be honest here. They weren't simply looking to find out more about someone, they were looking for dirt. They were looking for a way to discredit him. That's the truth, not so innocent as "they wanted to know who he was". They wanted to take the focus away from Obama's redistribution of wealth comment.

Pages