Anyone else think that...

iVillage Member
Anyone else think that...
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 11:41pm

it is rather strange that a fire burns down the criminal division of the courthouse that holds all the evidence in the John Edwards case?

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 12:32am

Further information:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7350746
(snip)

He said the upper floors where the fire was burning housed a Superior Court courtroom panelled with mahogany.

Superior Court Judge Carl Fox says the majority of case files are kept in the new courthouse annex.

The historic structure has been the scene of several notable trials. Most recently, it was in the news for court hearings involving the lawsuit filed by John Edwards' mistress Rielle Hunter against former Edwards' aide Andrew Young.

Superior Court Judge Abraham Penn Jones says materials turned over in that case are in a vault in Orange County.>>>full article at the link above

There was extensive renovation ongoing. My son works in construction, one of the buildings he worked in that was under renovation in Landover, MD was badly damaged by a fire believed started by a generator used by the construction crew. There was over $4 million in damage in that incident. I wouldn't read too much into this, because construction sites have been known to have fires. And Edwards' recording was being held in a vault in Orange County.

~OPAL~

~OPAL~   onoz_omg2.gif OMG ONOZ image by KILLER_BOB11694

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 2:36am
Probably a coincidence...but I wouldn't put it past a Dem scumbag like Edwards to try something dirty...er...dirtier. But the evidence is in the DNA and his campaign is still responsible for their records...which will likely incriminate him.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 8:55am

This is way OT, but I gotta ask. Do you know anything about the "Nature's Promise" brand of organics sold in Giant grocery stores? I noticed the salsa I bought was from Landover, MD. (After reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" I thought I'd try to buy more locally, or at least regionally.) One of the ingredients listed is "organic vinegar". Huh? What's the difference between organic and non-organic acetic acid?

Makes me question whether any of their ingredients are truly organic.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2010 - 9:12am
I think that "organic" means that (for example) the apples used to make cider vinegar were grown without chemical fertilizers and/or chemical pesticides. So, the source of the ingredient is grown organically. I could be wrong on that. I've only tried a few "organic" products from Giant, because we have an organic (not "health food") market in my neighborhood that sells, for example apples and cucumbers not grown with chemical fertilizers/pesticides and not coated with wax. If I want to pay more for "organic," it couldn't be more convenient for me. If my children were young, I'd definitely go organic for their fruits, veges, dairy(no growth hormone), and meats. Packaged goods with the label "organic" confuse me, because I don't think there is a clearly-defined range of farming methods/practices for produce/meat/dairy that will eventually be processed.

~OPAL~

~OPAL~   onoz_omg2.gif OMG ONOZ image by KILLER_BOB11694