Republicans "all in" against Hispanics

iVillage Member
Republicans "all in" against Hispanics
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 9:47pm

Palin and the radical Republicans are "all in" against hispanics in supporting the Arizona immigration law.

This is the same law that says Mexican looking people can be pulled over based on a new unconstitutional standard of "reasonable" suspicion. It goes even further and says that citizen activists can sue law enforcement officials for not pulling people over based on this unconstitutional standard.

There is a reason that at least one prominent Arizona sheriff say he will not enforce this law. There is a reason that former Republican Homeland Security Chief Tom Ridge is not comfortable with the law.

There is a reason even Republican svengali Karl Rove is having second thoughts. Karl knows hispanic voters he spent years pandering to are rightfully going to say thanks but no thanks to Republicans over this.

Karl also knows that independent voters will have serious doubts about Republicans over this, and that the measure will drive Democrats to the polls to enable reform.

This hateful unconstitutional law that Palin and the Republicans have gotten behind will have a just effect on their ability to convince people to vote for them this fall.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 9:41pm
Then enforce the federal law which they are not doing.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 9:46pm
I don't have a problem with that.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 9:46pm

This law isn't going to do anything to solve the illegal immigration problem, but will most likely trample on the rights of U.S. citizens. That is not acceptable, ever.

How do you come to that conclusion? I would think just the opposite. It is much more likely that it will help catch people that illegally cross our borders than "trample on the rights of U.S. citizens."

What do you mean by that anyway? Are your rights being "trampled" when a cop pulls you over and asks to see your license? I think not.

"Resist, we much. We must, and we much. About that, be committed."

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 9:49pm
Many Americans don't and I feel bad for Arizona the violence there is silly and they feel unsafe, it is government's job to make our citizens
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 9:53pm

If I'm stopped and I have to prove I'm a citizen, that's not constitutional. If I'm stopped lots of times because I look a certain way and there is a suspicion that I'm an illegal alien, that's unconstitutional. If I'm stopped while walking down the street and asked to show ID, that's not constitutional.

Additionally, this law violates the 14th amendment.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 9:54pm

<>

What are you talking about? I don't know a single person who doesn't think that we have a serious problem with illegal immigration and that the feds need to be doing something about it.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 9:56pm
The response to Arizona's law shows me people don't get it.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 9:59pm

<>

You mean the response that people think it's an a-okay law?

<>

Even in desperation, the Constitution should not be ignored.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 10:05pm

"What are you talking about? I don't know a single person who doesn't think that we have a serious problem with illegal immigration and that the feds need to be doing something about it."

And there lies the crux of the problem.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 10:06pm

I hate it when the left makes everything about race.

People are getting harmed by criminal illegals. Are all illegals criminal?

Soliel

Pages