Republicans "all in" against Hispanics

iVillage Member
Republicans "all in" against Hispanics
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 9:47pm

Palin and the radical Republicans are "all in" against hispanics in supporting the Arizona immigration law.

This is the same law that says Mexican looking people can be pulled over based on a new unconstitutional standard of "reasonable" suspicion. It goes even further and says that citizen activists can sue law enforcement officials for not pulling people over based on this unconstitutional standard.

There is a reason that at least one prominent Arizona sheriff say he will not enforce this law. There is a reason that former Republican Homeland Security Chief Tom Ridge is not comfortable with the law.

There is a reason even Republican svengali Karl Rove is having second thoughts. Karl knows hispanic voters he spent years pandering to are rightfully going to say thanks but no thanks to Republicans over this.

Karl also knows that independent voters will have serious doubts about Republicans over this, and that the measure will drive Democrats to the polls to enable reform.

This hateful unconstitutional law that Palin and the Republicans have gotten behind will have a just effect on their ability to convince people to vote for them this fall.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 10:11pm
but it is that is the crux and where the desperation stems from
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 10:12pm

I think the officer has to have a reason to stop you first, and can only check your status..

"Resist, we much. We must, and we much. About that, be committed."

iVillage Member

"People are getting harmed by criminal illegals. Are all illegals criminal?

iVillage Member

<>

I hate it when someone makes it about politics (left versus right).

<>

Bull.

<>

Every American I know (no matter political affiliation) thinks the feds need to enforce our laws. There is no "side" that doesn't want us to. Stop with that silliness, please.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 10:32pm

How/what do you feel/think about the fact that Obama has taken immigration reform off the agenda because it's election year?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_immigration_politics/print

Obama takes immigration reform off agenda
By SUZANNE GAMBOA, Associated Press Writer Suzanne Gamboa, Associated Press Writer 1

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 10:46pm
illegals are criminals they broke the law by coming into our country illegally, yes they are criminals
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 11:01pm
What is a "reasonable suspicion"?
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 11:06pm

Arrrgggh. I can't respond to you from your post to me...it's doing that wonky thing again.

I don't think Obama has taken immigration off the table. Congress doesn't have the will to undertake it because they will be unable to please everyone. They know darn well that they can't simply find and deport 12 million (or whatever the number is) illegal immigrants. That's not practical. It wouldn't surprise me if they are getting plenty of money from large businesses for them to look the other way on illegal immigration. They need to tackle the issue of illegal alien parents with U.S. citizen children. I think they are simply too afraid to touch any of it and have been for a number of years.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 11:20pm
We have to be honest about this and it should not be political, citizens are being harmed, the gov is to protect citizens, drug cartels are spilling over. We need to talk plainly about this problem, this should not be race baiting but an honest talk about what we do.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-29-2010 - 11:22pm

"And what about me? I was born here. What am I supposed to be carrying at all times to prove that?"

If you do not have proper identity on you, an inquiry will be made with immigration.

That would injure you how?

Pages