Republicans "all in" against Hispanics

iVillage Member
Republicans "all in" against Hispanics
Wed, 04-28-2010 - 9:47pm

Palin and the radical Republicans are "all in" against hispanics in supporting the Arizona immigration law.

This is the same law that says Mexican looking people can be pulled over based on a new unconstitutional standard of "reasonable" suspicion. It goes even further and says that citizen activists can sue law enforcement officials for not pulling people over based on this unconstitutional standard.

There is a reason that at least one prominent Arizona sheriff say he will not enforce this law. There is a reason that former Republican Homeland Security Chief Tom Ridge is not comfortable with the law.

There is a reason even Republican svengali Karl Rove is having second thoughts. Karl knows hispanic voters he spent years pandering to are rightfully going to say thanks but no thanks to Republicans over this.

Karl also knows that independent voters will have serious doubts about Republicans over this, and that the measure will drive Democrats to the polls to enable reform.

This hateful unconstitutional law that Palin and the Republicans have gotten behind will have a just effect on their ability to convince people to vote for them this fall.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 10:12am

Again, you can't point out anything that was not factual in my article because you couldn't be bothered to read it.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 10:16am
That's a perfect siggy for you! :-)
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 10:35am

ooohhhhh

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 10:49am

"Why is Bush to be given credit for trying to get immigration reform done during his term when he accomplished nothing except to watch the problem get a lot worse, while Obama is to be criticized for "putting it on the back burner" before he has even reached the midterm elections and has had to deal with the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression?"

Uh, because Bush did try to get immigration reform.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 10:59am

"while Obama is to be criticized for "putting it on the back burner" before he has even reached the midterm elections and has had to deal with the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression?"

Are you serious?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 11:08am

"The

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 11:27am

"Partial explanation: Bush is a white Republican and Obama is a dark-skinned Democrat. I think your later post about Kobach's friendship with Pearce, a white separatist fan, supports the accusation of racism."

Cut the racist crap and look up the facts.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 11:28am

My experience is much the same. I lost my wallet once and had to provide a Soc. Sec. card or birth certificate to provide proof of residency.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 11:28am

"and that the feds need to be doing something about it."

States and citizens don't have a right to protect themselves and their own borders?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2010 - 2:28pm

I never said Bush was against reform.

"The biggest obstacle was to convince conservatives that the path to citizenship for illegal aliens is not Amnesty. The bill's bitter end has a deeper meaning, as it demonstrated that conservative Americans’ vision for US immigration reform should not include any type of amnesty or legalization for undocumented workers."

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/immigration-reform.html

In my previous post I offered an explanation of why everyone did not jump all over Bush for failing to enact immigration reform during his 8 YEARS in office (6 of those GOP also controlled BOTH houses of Congress) the way they are all trashing Obama for failing to have done so in his first 15 mos. in office. I stand by my statement that part of the reason is that Bush is white and Republican.

Note that, as in the quote above, it is generally CONSERVATIVE Americans who are opposed to any type of amnesty. Most Democrats are not conservative; most Republicans are. Hence, it supports my statement.

And the fact that Republicans are afraid of voting for a law that may increase labor costs, and thereby decrease political contributions from businesses, is also credible given their history.

I think you don't know what you're talking about and you think I don't. We'll have to agree to disagree.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

Pages