BIG GOVERNMENT - Looking Out For You

iVillage Member
BIG GOVERNMENT - Looking Out For You
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 11:48am

Looks like Big Government is batting a thousand on "taking care of us", , ,social security, medicare, medicaid,

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 8:02pm

"Your comment seems a bit unbalanced friend. "

The casualy rate in the M.E. has doubled since the Bamster took office.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 8:14pm

"hire a bunch of people to go out and round up all the hispanic looking people they can find?"

This is why the left can't be taken seriously anymore. They have no argument to backup their positions so instead resort to making one up.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 5:57am

"You mean the party that says Washington should give Arizona our taxpayer dollars to hire a bunch of people to go out and round up all the hispanic looking people they can find?"

Links please! TIA!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 6:04am

I should have read this before I responded to the same post........

I'm afraid that post # 8 is just one of those Pavlov-style hit&run-responses, echoing due to idle emptiness.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 7:54am

"Yes...13 innocent people at Ft. Hood..."

Now we are making progress. We agree the President is responsible for what happens on his watch.

Now, let's talk about 9/11 which happened in the Fall of Bush's first term. 3000 Americans died. There were warning signs all over the place, including a hand delivered message to President Bush himself. In response, the President took absolutely no action whatsoever. He did not even try.

So, one year into Bush's first term 3000 Americans died due to incompetence. One year into President Obama's term 13 Americans died. That's over 230 times more death due to incompetence under Bush than under Obama.

Why aren't you 230 times more outraged at Bush than at Obama? In fact, it seems to me you are 230 times more outraged at Obama than at Bush. That is how much sense the Republicans make these days.

Republicans just had a terrible President and a terrible corrupt bunch of politicians in Congress with him, and they act like nothing happened or come up with contorted arguments that somehow something the Democrats did made it ok.

I am not saying this out of partisanship. I am saying this out of patriotism and wanting the best for America, for you, me and all other American citizens.

Before I became disgusted with Republican politics, I was an independent who voted for Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was a decent President on balance, even with the unprecedented well over 20 felony convicts in his Administration. Nixon was terrible, as was the last Bush President. Bush Snr. was pretty bad - he clearly put himself right in the middle of a felony in Iran Contra and then pardoned Cap and 5 others to make the trail to him go away. Lincoln was a great president. TR was very good. Ike was good. And as I said Reagan was decent.

Then there is the bad incompetent legacy of the Republican Presidency - the Bush's and those Republican Presidents in the runup to the Great Depression are quite similar in how incompetent and horrible they were. That unfortunately is where the Republican Party is today. And instead of seeing themselves, Republicans are in denial and plow onward on a platform of pandering and demagoguery.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 8:00am

"I am not saying this out of partisanship."

LOL!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 8:05am

"This is why the left can't be taken seriously anymore."

Why do you expect a serious reply to a shorthand unserious cheap shot attack on Democrats? This is why the Republicans can't be taken seriously anymore.

You want to really talk about big government? Here is a dirty little secret that all except the honest Republicans hate to talk about:

Republicans grow our government just as fast as Democrats. But instead of paying for it now, they hock our collective farm, weaken our fiscal situation, and dump all the costs on future generations to pay. Once they get out of power, they preach fiscal responsibility, exactly the opposite of what they have done everytime they have been in power since their Nixon/Ford debacle.

So please, take it from there. Please explain to me why anyone who cares about reining in big government and restoring our fiscal house should vote for a Republican. Please explain to me why anyone who cares about reigning in big government and restoring our fiscal house should not be mad as hell at the Republican Party for continually lying to them about their intentions to be fiscally responsible, only to act like complete wastrels once you elect them into power.

Why aren't you mad as hell at the Republican Party? I'd like to know. If you really cared about fiscal conservatism, you would be a Democrat. Bill Clinton had more fiscal conservatism and responsibility in his little pinkie than both Bush Presidents together. Bill Clinton and the Democrats balanced the budget. They grew government no faster than Republicans did. In contrast, the Bushes ran up huge deficits, even during the upturns in the economic cycles.

If you really practiced what you preached, you would be railing against the Republicans instead of being an apologist for them. You would be a Democrat. Instead, Republicans these days just listen to Fox News make up a bunch of partisan attacks.

Edited 5/9/2010 10:46 am ET by littlenote
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 11:08am

Littlenote - your well thought out replies fall on the reich, - I mean right's deaf ears here.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 11:53am

"I admire your effort!!!"

Absolutely! Me too! I also admire his sense of (non partisan) humour LOL!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 1:14pm

Wow, that was quite a load of, erm something, you got off your chest.:

Pages