290,000 Jobs added in April
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 11:16pm

More good economic news.

For some reason, this seems to upset the "conservatives."

"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society."

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 6:58pm

Juding by the Bamster's record, this very modest increase in jobs appears to be more an accident than deliberate.

As they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, the democratic party just seems to fid more than their fair share.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 6:50pm

>>> What's with the "your parade" comment?

It's when the left cheers every time Barry and his minions lie and spin every uptick but ignore and dismiss any downtick...like the big dufus-in-chief saying that RISING unemployment is a good thing. LOL! Or making hay about "jobs created" when the vast majority of those "jobs" were temps working for a few months on the census.

>>> When the economy improves any at all, that is a good thing. It's not a democrat/republican thing. It's just a good thing for the country. I'm not saying who or what gets any "credit" when improvement is shown; just that there's been needed improvement.

Sure, love any economic improvement, but speak about it realistically, not by pinning the lie-meter every time Barry's crew tries to take credit for the economy having a pulse in spite of them.

>>> If you're a citizen here, it's just as much your parade as mine. The article didn't say it was 290,000 jobs for democrats or 290,000 jobs for republicans; just 290,000 jobs for everyone.

Nope...I don't have a parade every time the sun peeks through the clouds.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 11:26am

The Republicans may find that their "where are the jobs" demands are not going to work out so well as the economy continues to progress through a typical recovery cycle. Midterms are always tough, but Republicans are doing everything they can to make it hard for themselves by focusing on losing arguments.

By the way, where is that call for a repeal of the health care bill again?

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 7:35am

What's with the "your parade" comment?

"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society."

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 3:07am

>>> They're upset because all their Chicken Little scare tactics aren't working....

Like "run! run! the earth is warming!" LOL! Actually conservatives are glad for any miniscule upswing in jobs but it was the jump in unemployment that probably put a damper on your parade.

>>> But I'm sure they'll be praying for some kind of catastrophe between now and November.

No need to pray...we just have to sit back and let Barry screw up all on his own. With his socialized medicine crap fest he shoved down people's throats, his attacks on medicare, his weakness on terror, his dropping the ball on the oil spill...why the list just goes on and on and on...and will likely keep going on well past November. Thanks Barry!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-07-2010 - 11:54pm

They're upset because all their Chicken Little scare tactics aren't working....

But I'm sure they'll be praying for