iVillage Member
[ --- ] Obama's tough week
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 9:51am
Oil spill, Nashville flood, Times Square bomb: Obama's tough week
By Linda Feldmann Linda Feldmann Fri

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 10:39am

I notice that the author of the article doesn't say much about the NYC bombing attempt.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 11:00am

Ah yes - monday morning quarterbacking is always spot ont.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 7:09pm

"Ah yes - monday morning quarterbacking is always spot ont.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-08-2010 - 8:24pm

Why thank you, I do agree that my assessment of the facts was spot an and does deserve more attention than the left supporting media gave it.

And you are correct, I did not mention the police, the FBI or Homeland security.

The officials that prevented the bomb from causing any damage even if it wasn't what the bomber planned for did a great job. I'm sure at the time of handling they did not know what the consequence would be if the bomb had gone off. The officials that followed the paper trail to the bomber, good job. He did make it pretty easy since I'm sure he never expected the evidence to stay intact after he detonated the bomb, but they still managed to pick him up after the plane had boarded and left the gate- they got pretty lucky that they were able to time it so good that the plane hadn't taken off.

I'm not sure that Homeland Security in general, especially the top officials, or the administration deserve any kudo's in this incident. As I pointed out, this is the 2nd would-be-bomber who was on the no fly list, paid cash for a ticket and was still able to board a plane without further screening. I'm not sure who you think should get a pat on the back for that.
The truth is that we have been lucky that these two had faulty detonation devices attached to their bombs and one only managed to burn his genitalia and the other send up smoke signals before his bomb could do the little damage to property that it was able and prevent any injury or loss of life to any passerby.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 12:40am
Wasn't too tough a week for Barry...he was absentee for all of it...probably working on his golf swing.
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 12:50am

>>> Ah yes - monday morning quarterbacking is always spot ont.

Coming from one of the "Blame Bush" crowd that's priceless! LOL!

>>> Bottom line is the right will not be satisfied until some catastrophic domestic terrorist attempt is deemed "successful."

Actually, the right is justifiably nervous because the terrorists are becoming more successful under Obama's pro-terrorist tutelage.

>>> I see the work by the NY police, FBI, and Homeland Security was summarily dismissed.

Work? The NYPD did a great job. It was Barry's national un-security clowns who lost track of a guy with suspected terrorist ties, allowed him to rent a car, put a bomb in it, park it in Times Square, get away on public transportation, buy a ticket to the Middle East with cash and nearly get away...before they luckily caught up with him and read him his Miranda rights. Nope...Barry's crew was bumfuzzled at every turn...or perhaps their hands were just tied due to Barry's defense and support of terrorists, like they were with the Ft. Hood shooter. Either way, than the Lord for attentive street vendors...they're doing a lot more to protect us than Barry ever did.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-09-2010 - 8:18pm

You are wrong. Americans will be satisfied when the Obama administration stops saying that their "systems" in place worked. They didn't. We just got very luck that this guy was an idiot and didn't succeed in making a successful bomb.

I think the police work used to catch this maniac was fantastic, and nobody disputes that.

Somehow, this man was a citizen, he was on a "do not fly list", AND he boarded a plane. Something isn't working here. They deserve the criticism they get. They are failing at keeping our country safe. Twice we got lucky....sooner or later....our luck is going to run out.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 5:10pm

They deserve the criticism they get. They are failing at keeping our country safe. Twice we got lucky....sooner or later....our luck is going to run out.

So, what do you have to say for 9/11?

"Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society."

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 5:18pm
Didn't you know, according to the conservatives on here - anything Bush was responsible for was Clinton's fault????
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-10-2010 - 10:23pm

"So, what do you have to say for 9/11?"

Pages