After Arizona, why are 10 other .....(m)

iVillage Member
After Arizona, why are 10 other .....(m)
Tue, 05-11-2010 - 3:50pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100511/ts_csm/300547/print'

After Arizona, why are 10 states considering immigration bills?
By Daniel B. Wood Daniel B. Wood Mon

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 4:41pm

That's because you actually read the law. All the false hysteria the media spews out is nothing more than fear mongering in it's purest form.

I also find it interesting that Phoenix is the kidnapping capital of the U.S. Illegal immigrants are abused, beaten, and tortured by coyotes who hold them hostage for more money. Nobody cares....oh...they say the care....but they don't REALLY want to do anything about it.

For example: A white van is driving up I-10 from Tucson to Phoenix. It has broken brake lights. This is a known human smuggling route. The police pull the van over. The driver does not speak English and has no identification. There are 30 people packed inside the van.

With this new law, police are FINALLY allowed to ask legal status when they have a reasonable suspicion that there is illegal activity going on. This new law makes it a state crime to knowingly transport illegal immigrants....hence, going after the coyotes.

Granted....asking for papers is already a federal law and has been for over 50 years. It is now a state crime as well as a federal crime to not have documentation with you if you are legal.

Since the Obama administration REFUSES to do anything at all about sealing the border (just like BUSH and CLINTON), Arizona HAS to do something.

So...the Democrats decided to politicize this and spread false information to scare all Hispanics into thinking that the Arizona police have nothing better to do than "harass Hispanic families taking their kids out for ice cream".

I challenge anyone who has actually read the law to quote me exact wording of where any of that law is unconstitutional.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2010 - 4:15pm
Answer to your question...."
After Arizona, why are 10 states considering immigration bills?".....

Because they CAN!

I know it's me but I don't see what the issue is w/Arizona's law. Granted local/state police should NOT be doing the job of the FEDERAL government but since the damn Feds don't have the cojones to step up and do their job, someone has to FIX the problem the damn govt. has allowed for way too long.

People are NOW worried about racial profiling, which I find hysterical. Yet no one is worried about illegal CRIMINALS running around on our streets.

Nitemares