HS students used as pawns in AZ boycott

iVillage Member
HS students used as pawns in AZ boycott
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 10:53am

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/05/highland-park-basketball-team-trip-to-arizona-scrapped.html

What a disgrace! Since when do school superintendents get to use high school sports teams as political pawns to advance their political agenda?

I guess that's to be expected from a Chicago politician....er.....I mean....school superintendent.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 11:06pm

This is disgraceful. The students should do whatever they can to find their own way to the game in a show of defiance against being used this way.

This is typical abusive tactics we see liberals use all the time. Anyone still remember that Boulder Colorado school that marched their kindergarten classes out and had their 6yo students protesting Bush?

The depths liberals will sink to use and indoctronate others is simply unbelieveable at times. They really are a party of fanatics.

So far as liberals claiming they 'want something done' about the illegal immigration problem, this tells you what they want done about it. They want the illegals to remain here in the US.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 9:55pm
The girls raised money for the tournament, they should go Arizona would welcome them.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 2:51pm

I read about this while perusing the online news sites.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 12:57pm

I guess the idiot school officials were expecting the students to rob a Quick-mart, which would give the police the opportunity to ask them if they were illegal or not.

And when asked if there were illegals on the team the administrator said he didn't know of anyone who fit that description...which begs the question...what do illegals look like? Obviously the stupid administrators thought they knew.

I hope the parents of all of the kids at the school raise heck and get those clowns booted.