Do you approve of Rand Paul/ Republic...

iVillage Member
Do you approve of Rand Paul/ Republic...
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 4:03pm

Do you approve of Rand Paul/ Republicans turning the clock back to the 50's?

• yes - segregation worked just fine
  • yes - we need to take our country back from " those" people
  • yes - anyone who isn't a Christian should just get out
  • No - as long as people know their place they can stay

You will be able to change your vote.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:07pm
What am I supposed to be outraged about? I heard him speak about all the things that are being done in Mexico to try to reign in crime and build their economy. I heard him ask the U.S. to help Mexico reduce the amount of assault weapons going into his country and to work on immigration reform. He was correct in stating that Arizona's law isn't going to solve any problems. I just don't understand why I should be upset with anything he said other than the fact that he dared point out some truths, and that's not something that ever upsets me.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:14pm

<>

No, of course you don't, no surprise.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:28pm

Truths?

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:34pm

<<<>

No, of course you don't, no surprise. >>

No need to be rude.

<>

Where'd he do that?

<<70% of America agrees with Arizona's law>>

We aren't a true democracy, so it doesn't matter that 70% of America agrees with Arizona's law. What matters is whether Arizona's law is constitutional and that remains to be seen.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:37pm

<>

That's not exactly what he said. Additionally, there are sheriffs in Arizona who think the law will absolutely lead to racial profiling.

<>

So I guess the same could be said for all the law enforcement folks who think Arizona's law is a crap law?

<

Please point out exactly where he did that because I didn't see it.

<>

As I said before, point out exactly what he said so I have some idea of what you are upset about. Thanks.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:39pm
You are attacking what someone wrote in an over the top personal manner. You are not attacking a quote. You are not distinguishing the position from the person. This is a personal attack.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:48pm
Typical lib twists and lies. LOL! I wonder, will we think fondly of them when they're gone? Nah...probably not.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:55pm

>>> Calling the poll that an iVillage member posted "totally idiotic" is not constructive, to say the least.

But true, nonetheless.

>>> Fine to call out public figures. Not iVillage members.

No member was "called out"...the idiotic poll was. ; )

>>> For example, Rand Paul saying that the government should lay off BP and give them a break, and that accidents happen etc etc, now that's totally idiotic.

Well, since no one knows who or what is responsible for the explosion, it's typically liberal to rush to judgment when it serves a political agenda...just like Barry did when he accused the police of racism TWICE before knowing ANY facts. And in the case of the current oil spill...government, and the Obama regime in particular, is just as responsible as anyone else is for the accident. But leave it to Obama to make sure his "the buck stops here" sign is always pointing the other way. I'm sure he'll find a way to blame Bush in no time.

>>> The Republicans better watch out. Rand is going to be another sled for them to lug this Fall, along with Michael Steele and Sarah Palin.

With his kind of approval numbers we sure hope so. The Dems can look forward to a real trouncing in November. LOL!

>>> The Republicans are supposed to rock this Fall. Instead, with liabilities like these people, they may not take back the House, which would be the equivalent of getting rocked.

Because...um...the Dems will win? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:58pm
You only have an opinion when you actually see something...er...rather than read about it or view video from reputable sources? Interesting.
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2010 - 9:59pm
Straight from the liberal handbook...it's ok to hate your country...it's the highest form of patriotism...after paying more taxes, that is.