Do You Agree with Boycotting AZ over ...

iVillage Member
Do You Agree with Boycotting AZ over ...
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 3:40pm

Do You Agree with Boycotting AZ over Immigration Law?

• Yes, because....
  • No, because....
  • Undecided, because....

You will be able to change your vote.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 6:26pm

Don't know where you live but every time I've voted for the last 5-6 years, I had to show I.D. The woman that ask for I.D. was my teacher in H.S.

I don't like the idea of contractors hiring Illegals. I have seen it with my own eyes. There are 15-20 illegals lining up to get paid on Friday......In Cash..... for helping build $650,0000 to $1,000,000 homes. These contractors need to be given the boot. Where I used to live, it was nothing to see families, babies just walking, out in the fields filling baskets and being paid by the basket full. I don't see how putting up a fence in AZ is going to stop anything. They will just move onto Texas, N.M., Cali..

Fla. has people coming out of the Ocean. What are they suppose to do? Train sharks. These business owners that want to save a buck, hide income, they are the ones that need to be looked into.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 6:45pm

"These contractors need to be given the boot."

It's not a hidden fact that liberals routinely attempt to force their version of social equality via means of business regulation. But social decisions belong in the social areana, that means state and federal legislature where it can be debated and managed properly, not forving businesses to do the job government should've already done.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 7:03pm
My ex was in the UAW. I didn't see to many Illegals where he worked. They hired former military. As far as Business owners, I thought the Conservatives want SMALLER government. Wouldn't that mean more Government involvment? It can't be both ways. I have no idea about AFL-CIO. Not involed with any Union. I do know a few Union mambers. They aren't illegal. If the illegals can't get a job, they won't come here. I live about 200 miles from Canada. Use to live about 40 miles from Canada. Haven't seen to many Canadians running here to get jobs. I wonder why?
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 7:15pm

(There are 15-20 illegals lining up to get paid on Friday......In Cash..... for helping build $650,0000 to $1,000,000 homes. These contractors need to be given the boot.)

And yet, the AZ law goes after anyone who picks up illegals looking for work. It makes it illegal for illegals to solicit for work. It goes after businesses who knowingly hire illegals.

But hey....I guess the left would know that if they actually read the bill. Go figure.

((Fla. has people coming out of the Ocean. What are they suppose to do?))

Coast Guard.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 7:19pm

"We don't care about green cards, , we care about union cards"

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 7:21pm

"Haven't seen to many Canadians running here to get jobs. I wonder why? "

I wouldn't know. It may be related to the American notion that a person should work in order to get paid and some are not willing to work. They're instead content to not work and sell us their tar sand deposits.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 11:53pm

(It may be related to the American notion that a person should work in order to get paid and some are not willing to work.))

Wait...are we talking about Canadians or liberals? ;-)

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 12:44am
You're exactly right...and painfully so for the country. Like true bobbleheads, the left attacks bills, like the AZ law, that they haven't read...and with equal gusto, support bills they haven't read, like the healthcrap bill. When liberals start using the brain God gave them instead of ideologically nodding along when they're told to do so, we'll all be a lot better off.
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 4:34am

"It's unfortunate that ALL Arizonians are hurt by the boycotts, and not only those who support the new law."

"Unfortunate".... now that's putting it mildly. Many are already victim (see OP) of the results of the fearmongering that's been going on.

"hitting people in their pocketbooks is usually the best way to clear their heads"

That implies that you believe that their heads aren't clear on the issue.

Disagreeing with a standpoint, doesn't mean the opponent's head isn't clear, and yours is....

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 5:49pm

(((But that doesn't make much sense because illegals can't vote.)))

Correction...not suppose to be able to vote.