Do You Agree with Boycotting AZ over ...

iVillage Member
Do You Agree with Boycotting AZ over ...
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 3:40pm

Do You Agree with Boycotting AZ over Immigration Law?

• Yes, because....
  • No, because....
  • Undecided, because....

You will be able to change your vote.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 8:39pm

"Yes, funded by oil exports."

And natural gas, and hydroelectric power, and forestry, and agriculture and the auto sector, as well as other manufacturing, and to a lesser degree, mining, and fisheries.

"Contrary to your opinion, Americans aren't the only people in the world with a strong work ethic."

I did not make that claim.

Perhaps you didn't make "the claim", however you make the insinuation with this comment:

"They're instead content to not work..."

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 7:35pm

"Or it could be the fact that our economy is stronger"

Yes, funded by oil exports.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 4:16pm

"I wouldn't know. It may be related to the American notion that a person should work in order to get paid and some are not willing to work. They're instead content to not work and sell us their tar sand deposits."

Or it could be the fact that our economy is stronger, recovering faster and our unemployment rates are lower. Contrary to your opinion, Americans aren't the only people in the world with a strong work ethic.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 4:08pm

Yes, because...

voting with your dollars is a smart thing to do. I'm not saying I would boycott Arizona, but if someone else wants to, for whatever reason, I say go for it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 11:19am

Speak of losing ones head; one look at what is happening at our borders, is not something we need coming into our country along with many

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 5:49pm

(((But that doesn't make much sense because illegals can't vote.)))

Correction...not suppose to be able to vote.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 4:34am

"It's unfortunate that ALL Arizonians are hurt by the boycotts, and not only those who support the new law."

"Unfortunate".... now that's putting it mildly. Many are already victim (see OP) of the results of the fearmongering that's been going on.

"hitting people in their pocketbooks is usually the best way to clear their heads"

That implies that you believe that their heads aren't clear on the issue.

Disagreeing with a standpoint, doesn't mean the opponent's head isn't clear, and yours is....

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 12:44am
You're exactly right...and painfully so for the country. Like true bobbleheads, the left attacks bills, like the AZ law, that they haven't read...and with equal gusto, support bills they haven't read, like the healthcrap bill. When liberals start using the brain God gave them instead of ideologically nodding along when they're told to do so, we'll all be a lot better off.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 11:53pm

(It may be related to the American notion that a person should work in order to get paid and some are not willing to work.))

Wait...are we talking about Canadians or liberals? ;-)

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 7:21pm

"Haven't seen to many Canadians running here to get jobs. I wonder why? "

I wouldn't know. It may be related to the American notion that a person should work in order to get paid and some are not willing to work. They're instead content to not work and sell us their tar sand deposits.

Pages