Dems don't want to seal border

iVillage Member
Dems don't want to seal border
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 1:09pm

http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-feeds/yahoo-news/Democrats-stop-bid-to-send-6000-troops-to-border-95020064.html

Democrats stop bid to send 6,000 troops to border
by The Associated Press
azfamily.com
Posted on May 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama's Democratic allies in the Senate have repelled a move by presidential rival John McCain to send an additional 6,000 National Guard troops to the U.S-Mexico border.

The Arizona Republican says the security situation along the order has deteriorated so badly that 3,000 guard troops are needed just to help protect his state. But McCain failed to muster the required 60 votes for his plan as the Senate continued debate on an a war funding bill.

Obama on Tuesday promised to send 1,200 Guard troops to the border to support efforts to block drug trafficking and temporarily supplement Border Patrol agents until more agents can be trained.

Former President George W. Bush sent thousands of Guard troops to the border in 2006.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 9:02pm

(If you are under suspicion for being "illegal" and can't prove your a US citizen you will be detained in police custody until you provide proof)

So? If you are a U.S. citizen and you violated a law, it would behoove you to cooperate with the police.

( No US citizen should have to go through this kind of witch hunt at the mercy of knee jerk laws)

Oh please. Enough with the drama. Every single US citizen I know carries ID and if they don't they certainly would cooperate with police and identify themselves quickly if they violated some law.

Any US citizen who refuses to show a police officer ID after they have violated a law is being an idiot and they deserve to be detained until their ID is verified.

Every state does this. Don't act like AZ is the first state to ever verify ID of a person who violates the law.

The only people who are going to be "inconvenienced" by this law are the illegals. Why else would they be already leaving the state in droves? The law isn't even in effect yet. I have not heard of any US citizen leaving the state or any legal immigrant leaving the state because of the law.

Why, you might ask? Because they are not worried about anything.

When the illegals come to a town near you, with their drugs, crime, kidnappings, rapes, murders, tortures, etc., I am sure you will be singing a different tune. At least AZ can be happy that the illegals are not going to stick around their state. Good for AZ!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 9:40pm

"I already did it for another person but here ya go;-0"

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 9:57pm
...and round and round...
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 10:05pm
THAT THE PERSON HAS COMMITTED ANY PUBLIC OFFENSE THAT MAKES THE PERSON REMOVABLE FROM THE UNITED STATES.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 10:09pm

I thought you might be interested in reading this:

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 10:12pm

"D'oh how else is it to be determined if the person is legal or illegal without proper documents;-)

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2010 - 10:18pm

" No US citizen should have to go through this kind of witch hunt at the mercy of knee jerk laws;-)"

So, telling the cops they have to verify

Pages