Obama corruption cover-up

iVillage Member
Obama corruption cover-up
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 1:06pm

White House Asked Bill Clinton to Urge Sestak to Drop Out of Senate Race

The White House asked former President Bill Clinton to talk to Rep. Joe Sestak about the possibility of obtaining a senior position in the Obama administration if he would drop out of the Democratic primary race against establishment-backed Sen. Arlen Specter, the Obama administration said in a report released Friday morning.

But the report, by White House Counsel Robert Bauer, concluded that "allegations of improper conduct rest on factual errors and lack a basis in the law."

Batting down allegations that the White House dangled the secretary of Navy position in front of Sestak, the report said that Sestak was offered executive branch positions on advisory boards that were uncompensated.

One of the jobs Clinton specifically discussed with Sestak was the president's intelligence advisory board. But a White House official said the plan always was for Sestak to remain in the House, and he couldn't have served in the House and on the president's intelligence advisory board.

The report also described the Clinton conversations as informal and not tied to any precise job offer since, as a former president, Clinton could not guarantee Sestak anything.

Clinton initiated conversations with Sestakat the behest of White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who was Clinton's political director when he was president. As president, Clinton promoted Sestak to vice admiral and made him his director of defense policy. Sestak was also a loyal and tireless supporter of Hillary Clinton's run for the presidency in 2008.

In a written statement, Sestak said Clinton called him last summer to express concerns over his prospect of jumping into the Senate primary"and the value of having me stay in the House of Representatives because of my military background.

Sestak said he told Clinton that "my only consideration in getting into the Senate race or not was whether it was the right things to do for Pennsylvania working families and not any offer.

"The former president said he knew I'd say that, and the conversation moved on to other subjects," Sestak said.

The White House report disputed any suggestion that there was "impropriety" in Clinton's discussion with Sestak over possible alternatives to his Senate candidacy.

"There have been numerous, reported instances in the past when prior administrations -- both Democratic and Republican, and motivated by the same goals -- discussed alternative paths to service for qualified individuals also considering campaigns for public office," the report read. "Such discussions are fully consistent with the relevant law and ethical requirements."

The report comes one day after President Obama insisted "nothing improper" happened with Sestak. On that same day, Obama had lunch with Clinton.

"This is punishable by prison. This is a felony," said Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who has been leading the charge for more details on the allegation.

"This is about the White House. This is not about Congressman Sestak," Issa said, adding that he wants to know what Clinton was empowered to say. "They've answered a question and it begs many more answers," he said. "We want elections not to be appointments."

Critics say the Sestak job offer may have violated the part of the U.S. code that says: "Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment, position, compensation...appointment...provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress...to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity...or in connection with any primary election ...shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/28/white-house-asked-clinton-urge-sestak-drop-senate-race/

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 2:14pm
Sounds like Barry's borrowed a few pages out of the Chicago "How to buy a sentate seat quick and easy" handbook.
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 3:41pm
It's obviously a lie. If it was Clinton then Sestak would have said so earlier. He was hedging until Barry Co. could manufacture their lie. Hopefully the Republicans won't let it go and push for hearings.
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 8:21pm
Sadly
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 9:38pm
There's obviously some political quid pro quo for Clinton...and probably for Sestak as well to join in the cover-up...most likely a little further down the road to blur the equation. Keep a lookout in the coming months.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 7:59am

Notice the crickets chirping from the left?

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 12:55pm

You're absolutely right...but then the libs usually clam up when faced with the indefensible...at least it saves them from admitting how wrong they were in electing such an incompetent boob and for embracing an ideology that been proven such a failure.

And I don't know if you've noticed, but since the Obama debacle began, the left here has gotten noticeably quieter and quieter, with only a few die-hards posting regularly...coincidence? ;)

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 10:40pm
In my suburb of Philadelphia on the other side of the river this has been a big story that isnt letting up. All the administration eggs were in the Arlen Specter basket. The story came out of an interview months ago done by veteran PA reporter Larry Kane who got Sestak to admit he was offered a 'job' by the administration if he dropped out of the race and Kane said Sestak said even more after the tape stopped rolling. Even if Erik Holder doesnt do anything the state DA of PA can open an investigation and call witnesses including Sestak & Larry Kane and probably Clinton and Ram Emanual. With this and the Romanoff business in Colorado and now the Blagoavich trial where he was supposed to be involved in a scheme to put an administration approved person in obamas vacated senate seat it starts to look like a conspiracy to manipulate elections and candidates.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 11:12pm

>>> The story came out of an interview months ago done by veteran PA reporter Larry Kane who got Sestak to admit he was offered a 'job' by the administration if he dropped out of the race and Kane said Sestak said even more after the tape stopped rolling.

I'm a Philly native myself...Kane's been a news icon for decades. I saw an interview with him on Hannity but he didn't say Sestak revealed more after the tape stopped rolling. If he did, I hope he shares.

>>> Even if Erik Holder doesnt do anything the state DA of PA can open an investigation and call witnesses including Sestak & Larry Kane and probably Clinton and Ram Emanual.

Is he a Democrat? PA is a big Democrat zone and they're all trying to sweep this under the rug, so I hope the DA has the integrity to hold is own against that enormous political pressure.

>>> With this and the Romanoff business in Colorado and now the Blagoavich trial where he was supposed to be involved in a scheme to put an administration approved person in obamas vacated senate seat it starts to look like a conspiracy to manipulate elections and candidates.

And not just the elections. Another theory put forward by Dick Morris was that Obama tried to get Romanoff out of the way so that Bennet, who originally opposed the Healthcare bill, would agree to support it if he wasn't challenged in the primary. Magically, the week after Obama offered the job to Romanoff, Bennet flipped and supported the Healthcare bill. The Obamessiah regime is corrupt down to it's core. Hopefully, when the Republicans regain power in November they'll start impeachment hearings to nail the little scumbag.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 9:03am

I agree this is looking very bad for Obama. When I voted for him I thought it was GOOD that he lacked the D.C. experience. Unfortunately, despite his IQ of 160, he's not bright enough to steer clear of the Rahm and Clinton scuzziness. And I was always suspect of Obama's consulting the Clintons and the Clinton-admin appts he made.

I will support impeachment if what's being reported about attempts to keep Romanoff and Stesak out of the Senate races is found to be true. You are all right--this is starting to look like Obama's Watergate.

I just hope that Emanuel, Bill Clinton and Geithner lose their political careers along with Obama. Although Hillary is doing a decent job as SOS, I always questioned her decision to stick with her sleezy husband--seems like she did it for political purposes and that's one of the reasons I never supported her as the dem pres candidate.

This crap is making me, more and more, want Alan Grayson & Dennis Kucinich to run for pres in 2012. We need some REAL progressives without the corporate and political ties to the past three decades.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 11:46am

"When I voted for him I thought it was GOOD that he lacked the D.C. experience. Unfortunately, despite his IQ of 160, he's not bright enough to steer clear of the Rahm and Clinton scuzziness."

Although I can appreciate your candor, I think you are giving him credit where none exists. Barry's had numerous relationships with scuzzy people going back a long time, Rezko, Rev/ Wright, Ayers, etc.

What I'm saying is I don't believe he was suckered into any of this. I believe he sought out these kinds of people.

Pages