Right Wing on Women: 1-10 over IQ

iVillage Member
Right Wing on Women: 1-10 over IQ
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 2:46pm

Now a right wing news site is rating the "hottness" of female right wing pundits. The right wing values a woman's looks scale of 1-10 in evaluating whether they should listen to her political views.

Should a low looks score hurt women's chances as potential right wing stars? Should a "9 or 10" be rocket fuel. Think Sarah Palin. Think of all the modelcasters on Fox News. Where have the Maggie Thatchers gone?

http://rightwingnews.com/2010/06/the-20-hottest-conservative-women-in-the-new-media-2010-edition/

When it comes to the political skills and astuteness of women, and people in general, Democrats care a lot more about IQ than how "hot" women are on a scale of 1 to 10.

This should be a wakeup call for Republicans. Instead, I have no doubt that they will either ignore it, or they'll defiantly claim it's great for some crazy reason or another and try to trash Democrats.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 4:29pm
Actually, the site didn't make a direct correlation between a woman's "hottness" and the value of her political views...the "1-10" rating was just about "hottness." The Dems tried something similar a while back but when they realized that Hillary was at the top of their list they wisely decided to just scrap the whole idea. ; )
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 10:00pm

That's pretty funny. I recognized only a few of the names/faces. So often when I see them on TV they seem to be squawking such nonsense, I have to switch the channel. Apparently conservative media think they need to flaunt beautiful women in order to attract more men. We all know how all those "Bs" (babes, blondes, boobs, bods) can louse up a man's thought process. The increase in the number of beautiful babes in the right-wing media correlates well with the recent rash of transgressions by Republican politicians in the realm of family values.

Thanks for the laugh.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 9:49am

Nice try to pass the thing off as a harmless joke by trashing Hillary Clinton because you claim she is not attractive.

Really, there is a problem here and you and the other Republicans are in denial.

The "hotness" of women should not be a factor in how much we listen to their political views. Yet, for the Republicans who are dominated by old guard "family values" white males, it is a very important factor can outweigh political astuteness and intelligence. Sarah Palin is a good example - just look at the gibberish that came out of her mouth during the campaign. It was so bad that Tina Fey repeated it verbatim and it was hysterical.

The same problem holds true with the modelcasters on Fox News. Remember the study that conservative family values Fox News shows more sex than any other network? Same type of issue.

Or look at the outrageous and rude Anne Coulter. If she were ugly she never would have been as popular - if she were ugly she would have been ignored as bitter.

This is a real problem for Republicans. There are too many physically attractive light weights or unbalanced people in their party. The message to women and people in general should be: beware of the Republicans.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 11:33am

Yes, the eye candy is intended to attract dumb viewers/supporters and to distract dumb people from the issues.

What a change for the worse for the Republicans. Way back in the 80s, Ronald Reagan had some good ideas - such as personal responsibility, individual freedom and fiscal responsibility by our government. The Republican Party used to be the party of ideas. Same with Newt and his Contract with America. Then they didn't follow through. Republicans became one of the most corrupt parties in the history of America, they blew our fiscal house out of the water, they intervened and meddled in foreign countries like Iraq where it was not necessary, and Republicans made a mockery of our justice system by degrading our laws and morals in the name of fighting terrorism.

In the meantime, the Republicans promoted themselves through Murdoch's Fox News and all his eye candy and sex he threw on screen in the tawdry tradition of his low class newspapers. Loud mouth "hot" (Republicans assessment, not mine) women like Anne Coulter made an industry out of rude over the top remarks like something said during a drunken frat party. Then the party went overboard by putting an unqualified, inexperienced ex-beauty queen like Sarah Palin up for Vice President. And it's not just Palin. Look at Michelle Bachman, another attractive looking Republican lightweight demagogue.

Republicans can agree or disagree. If they disagree and stay in denial they will just hurt themselves because in the long run such a strategy of picking their top female minds based on "hotness" is a dud.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 11:53am

Your concern for the GOP is duely noted.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 12:00pm

"Yes, the eye candy is intended to attract dumb viewers/supporters and to distract dumb people from the issues. "

If such is true, then the 'problem' could be easily solved if union teachers would actually teach/educate our populace. But don't count on something like that anytime soon. But the truth is we know the democratic party would be dead in the water if the majority of the populace got a decent education.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 7:23pm

Obama is charismatic and hot? That's news to me.

To many women I'm sure he's not hot at all--too lanky, too serious, too dark, too in love with his wife/children, too fatherly. And even if I did think he were hot, that's the LAST reason I'd vote for him.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 8:42pm

""And it's not just Palin. Look at Michelle Bachman, another attractive looking Republican lightweight "
You must be joking right? Look who your party just voted in as president (looks, charisma, no experience)"

Your comparison of Palin and Bachman to Obama in terms of experience is, well, to put it gently, not to be taken seriously. President Obama ran a highly organized and successful underdog (on an historic scale) campaign for Presidency. Palin? First, she did not run her campaign. She was picked as a long shot surprise candidate by John McCain. Second, she did not prove herself one bit when given the chance. Her interviews were gibberish. They were so bad that Tina Fey and SNL used them uncut for their news making parodies. In fact, Palin was so bad that she was the number one reason people did not vote for John McCain, even more so than the tanking economy. Read Game Changer and you will see what a deer in the headlights basket case Palin was on the campaign trail. And why is this a surprise? Look at Palin's history of down and dirty politics in Alaska in which she quit - yes flat out q u i t - halfway through her term as Governor. Then Palin the Republican-proclaimed oil expert went running around with her drill baby drill mantra right before the BP drilling disaster. What a coincidence that she was an ex-beauty queen athlete not known for her smarts.

As for Bachman, it's not even worth getting into.

Republicans are living in a fantasy land.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 11:01pm

"Look at Palin's history of down and dirty politics in Alaska"

Links please, so I can 'look' and see where you base your comment on.

TIA.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-06-2010 - 11:22pm

"And even if I did think he were hot, that's the LAST reason I'd vote for him."

You're suggesting your personal voting habits somehow supersede that of the democratic party? 'Cause history and voter surveys say you are the exception, not the rule.

Pages