Repubs Still Stuck on Drill Baby Drill!

iVillage Member
Repubs Still Stuck on Drill Baby Drill!
Mon, 06-07-2010 - 9:56pm

Wow, and these guys Barbour and Jindal are from Gulf States.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/6/7/873732/-Drill,-Barbour,-drill!

Idiotic. Simply idiotic.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 1:16am
I think a few turbines in the White House and DNC headquarters will solve all our energy problems.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 10:38am

I see a lot of those turbines

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 5:24pm
generally, the more rural, the more conservative...so why not start putting them more in cities, where it is generally more liberal...just a thought! I mean, the libs want out of oil but they aren't willing to look at the alternative in their backyards i guess?
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 7:15pm

(so why not start putting them more in cities, where it is generally more liberal..)

Well, for starters, it would look icky! We can't be polluting our skylines with wind turbines. Liberals are ALL for wind and solar power....as long as the turbines and cells are in somebody else's backyards.

In fact, in California, the environmentalists claimed that the wind turbines were bad for the birds. In Nantucket Sound, the environmentalists claim that the wind turbines would be dangerous for marine life.

We can't burn candles or wood....that produces too much greenhouse gases.
We can't drive a horse and buggy, because the horses fart too much....adding to the greenhouse gases.

I guess we can go back to the caveman days....except we can't make fire. Fire bad!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 11:35pm

You guess right.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-13-2010 - 11:49am
Obama & Co steps up USA Destruction before November Elections
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 3:58am
As it always has were liberal elitists are involved.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 3:02pm
There is much more to it than we are led to believe. Yes we will need to continue drilling and erect a pipeline system and new refineries with state of the art capture systems .
If we had allowed drilling from shore out to the site this would not have been any disaster. The Swedes do that and are having great success. New oilfield are found everyday now that the technology is available. The reason everything is hung up is lace of refinery capacity. And a nationwide pipeline.
Any new energy source will be at least 50 years away. (the hydrogen,ethanol,are the most likely but they have problems too) Electric is so far so primitive that it is not practical.
Other sources are far away and some are so dangerous that the only safe place is beyond the moon.
What has hurt is the lack of efficiency Natural gas was wasted for decades. Even now the vast frozen methane deposits are not being farmed. It will take a total farming effort to return to cheap fuel which is the blood of the economy.
dragon red Pictures, Images and Photos

dRiving for the rights of the individual since 1969
xvx Pictures, Images and Photos

Pages