Obama's Speech

iVillage Member
Obama's Speech
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 11:30pm

Well, I thought he was an incompetent leftist before his dopey speech tonight. But, this has got to be a new low for an American president.

"an oil spill that is assaulting our shores and our citizens."

"We consume more than 20% of the world's oil, but have less than 2% of the world's oil reserves"

"Countries like China are investing in clean energy jobs..."

"we see an entire way of life being threatened by a menacing cloud of black crude"

"there are costs associated with this transition"

So, to sum it up... Oil is bad.

"Resist, we much. We must, and we much. About that, be committed."

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 12:41am
Really - that's what you got out of the speech?
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 2:07am
Because you're a liberal?...and libs don't put much stock in anything unless it's preceded by uh...um...uh..."hope and change" or "Bush is to blame."
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 2:21am

Sounds like you heard the same crapola I did. But don't forget some of the other big hits...

"But make no mistake: we will fight this spill with everything we've got for as long it takes."

I guess "everything" he's got is "nothing."

"A few months ago, I approved a proposal to consider new, limited offshore drilling under the assurance that it would be absolutely safe - that the proper technology would be in place and the necessary precautions would be taken."

Obama must think we're all as big a bunch of clucks as the dopes who voted for him. He only approved the drilling because an oil company assured him that it would be "absolutely safe?" Or was it the MMS that gave him that absolute assurance? Maybe he thought drilling was "absolutely safe" because his regime gave the rig that exploded an award for safety. It's amazing how this guy can try to elevate his ignorance into a positive.

Then he goes on to tout the corruption of the MMS...an organization headed by his hand-picked goon...and lying about drilling in deep water because oil isn't accessible elsewhere. Obama has made being ignorant and disengaged an art form. 2012 can't some soon enough.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 5:47am

"Hope and change" translation:

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 3:46pm

Obama wants BP to pay 20 billion into a trust fund, for cleanup and damage claims.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 4:50pm
Let me guess, you're not having to deal with the oozy, black gunk washing up on what used to be the gulf coast.....
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 5:31pm
No I don't have the dreadful, painful, and hurtful task, and neither does President Obama have to deal with the gunk.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 7:21pm

You are exactly right, Obama is contributing to the disaster, not helping to contain it.

He suspends off shore drilling for 6 months. Gee, thanks. Those rigs aren't going to sit around, they're going to go to other countries to drill. Thanks, Obama, another shot to the economy, especially on the Gulf Coast. Oh, well.

Everything this guy touches turns to crap. He is not equipped to deal with this disaster, it is just beyond his capabilities. He has proved, time after time, that he does not have what it takes to be president.

Unfortunately, it's not like a regular job where you just send him packing and get someone in there that knows what he's doing. Nope, we are stuck with him.

"Resist, we much. We must, and we much. About that, be committed."

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-16-2010 - 9:13pm
Or maybe, unlike most liberals, she realized that her car won't run on "hope and change."
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-17-2010 - 10:33am
I feel your pain - I felt the same way from 2000-2008......

Pages