Top Repub in Congress Lazy&Hits Bar at 5

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-24-2010
Top Repub in Congress Lazy&Hits Bar at 5
34
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 12:16am

Yikes. Watch it yourself. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-on-john-boehner-not-the-hardest-worker-and-in-bars-by-five-pm/

This is from a Republican TV personality who used to be a prominent Republican in the House and criticizes the Dems all the time.

This is what the Republicans are about at the core today. I wish it were not so. We wouldn't be in such bad shape if it were not so.

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-24-2010
Sun, 07-04-2010 - 6:47pm

"A third grader could comprehend that I was listing it as one of Bush's accomplishments."

Ooohhhh, you are way smarter than I. My little brain cannot keep up with your superior intellect.

Puhleese. The war in Iraq was a disaster. You can put it on your super-duper list as an accomplishment, you can put it on your refrigerator, you can put it on your car bumper, you can put it whereever you want. It won't change the fact that this war was a disaster:

1. Reasons we went to war turned out to be false and based on very flimsy evidence. At a minimum, to be kind to Bush, he should have known much better than to lead us to war based on such trumped up evidence.

2. The war was totally unfunded. Bush was the only President in the history of America to cut taxes and go to war at the same time. That is a good part of the reason we are in the mess of the financial crisis today.

3. Bush took his eye off the ball in the place that really did matter - Afghanistan. We can walk and chew gum at the same time, the Republicans told us in saying they could do two wars at once (and a tax cut). No one should ever believe anything Republicans say again. The fact that Bush let Afghanistan go to pot is why there is such a mess there today.

Republicans should put all that on their sacred lists. Can we have a little humility from the party that royally screwed America please?

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-07-2010
Sun, 07-04-2010 - 7:43pm

>>> "Knock! Knock! Anyone home?...
Last year, the U.N. Commission on Human rights found that Iraq continues to commit "extremely grave violations" of human rights and that the regime's repression is "all pervasive." "

>>> LOL! You sound more like a die hard stereotype of a liberal with every post!!

LOL! First time I've ever heard that one. Maybe it's the kool-aid talkin'.

>>> UN? Human rights?? This is why we should go to war?

No...we went to war to secure the WMDs...but to claim there weren't humanitarian justifications as well just demonstrates an ignorance of reality and history.

>>> Then why didn't we preemptively attack, oops I mean liberate to use your lofty pie in the sky rhetoric, North Korea? Why not Sudan? I don't remember the Republicans saying Clinton should have finished the job in Sudan. Why not all the other dictatorships?

Aah, the usual strawman argument trotted out by the left when their argument has crumbled. It's kind of silly to adopt an all-or-nothing policy...but it looks like Barry shares your thinking re the Gulf oil spill...and has chosen to do nothing.

>>> Seriously, the point that we should preemptively attack a nation simply to liberate it from a dictator is idiotic. There has to be a lot more to justify all out war, as opposed to sanctions and diplomacy.

Sanctions and diplomacy, which were tried for a decade, failed miserably. But leave it to the left to keep beating the dead horse. Hey, maybe it will be different this time...er...and again, apparently great minds think alike, as Barry continues to pursue proven failed policies in support of his socialist agenda.

>>> And when it came to our war in Iraq, it was obvious that that "something" was Bush's charge that Iraq was developing WMD. And he threw in baseless trumped up allegations that Iraq at the time had ties to bin Ladin - another whopper.

Well, all I can say is a little reading goes a long way. Do a little research...you'll find it was the Dems who made the case for WMD in '98...supported the war in '03 by declaring Hussein had WMD...and even had Clinton stating, with a certainty, that Hussein had stockpiles of WMD when he left office.

As far as an Iraq-Al Qaeda connection...there was one...actually many...but Bush never claimed that Hussein was involved in the 9/11 attacks...as many in the liberal tinfoil-hat crowd assert.

>>> I am not writing this for you by the way. I am sure you will come up with some other retort of equal value. I am writing this for those who just might read your post and think it is factual or logical.

You mean people who read and learn the facts rather than sucking up propaganda from far-far-left blogs?

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-07-2010
Sun, 07-04-2010 - 7:58pm

It's hard to let your propaganda and revisionist history go by without a few corrections...

>>> 1. Reasons we went to war turned out to be false and based on very flimsy evidence. At a minimum, to be kind to Bush, he should have known much better than to lead us to war based on such trumped up evidence.

Actually, we didn't find WMD stockpiles..."didn't find" isn't the same as "didn't exist." There is considerable evidence, though unprovable, that WMD stockpiles were moved to Syria before the invasion. But the evidence that Bush had available, was credible enough to convince our government, the government's of most other countries, and the UN. All in all, that sounds pretty credible.

>>> 2. The war was totally unfunded. Bush was the only President in the history of America to cut taxes and go to war at the same time. That is a good part of the reason we are in the mess of the financial crisis today.

A very astute economic decision that pulled the country out of a recession and led to a quick recovery after 9/11. Go Bush!

>>> 3. Bush took his eye off the ball in the place that really did matter - Afghanistan. We can walk and chew gum at the same time, the Republicans told us in saying they could do two wars at once (and a tax cut). No one should ever believe anything Republicans say again. The fact that Bush let Afghanistan go to pot is why there is such a mess there today.

A without the addition of kool-aid rhetoric, the reality is that the war in Afghanistan was won...and in record time. The reason we went to war was to oust the Taliban...which we did. Then we installed a democratically elected government. With the remaining Taliban in hiding or in Pakistan, there was nothing left for the US military to do but leave and maintain a small force to continue the war of attrition. The same issues that Obama is currently facing with his war in Afghanistan.

And after his victory in Afghanistan, Bush wisely turned to address the growing threat in Iraq, eventually leading us to a victory in that country as well. Go Bush!

>>> Republicans should put all that on their sacred lists. Can we have a little humility from the party that royally screwed America please?

The Party that snatched Victory from the jaws of Democrat defeat? Yes, indeedie...put Iraq and Afghanistan on the Republican "sacred list." Say, do we actually have one of those? No matter...history will find Bush was an honest and capable leader...unlike Barry and his corrupt clown circus of tax cheats and communists.




Edited 7/4/2010 7:59 pm ET by captain.parker
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-02-2009
Sun, 07-04-2010 - 10:42pm

Thanks for the refresher on leftist talking points on the war, all bogus. Go ahead and start another thread if you want to argue about the Iraq war.


Bush still liberated 50 million people. Let's do a quick tally for Obama... zero.


"Resist, we much. We must, and we much. About that, be committed."

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-24-2010
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 4:42pm

"Bush still liberated 50 million people."

Liberated? You know why there is a Tea Party? Because conservatives need a home. The Republicans have turned into their worst stereotype of liberals.

Really.

And your friend is spouting off wacky conspiracy theories about how there really were WMD in Iraq. Really. Really there were.

You and your conservative friends on this board are so dug in with Fox talking points you've got your heads sticking out the other side of the world upside down.

I hope you are all playing a cruel joke on me. I wish you were. I'd happily play the fool rather than have things be the way they appear.

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-07-2010
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 5:05pm
Wow...so much is explained. It's frightening...but at least it's revealed.
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-02-2009
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 6:47pm
Your answer is non-coherent, consistent with your holy trinity of Obama, Pelosi, and Reed.

"Resist, we much. We must, and we much. About that, be committed."

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-24-2010
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 9:29pm

Huh, you are the one taking a position far more liberal than these liberals you criticize. Your position that Iraq was worth it because we "liberated" 50 million people is ultra liberal. No one with that position can be a true conservative. Just as no one who supports a wastrel giant deficit spending (when the economy was ok and didn't need stimulus) President like Bush, can be a conservative.

Your party is over. Literally. Keep taking these positions. It will only expedite the inevitable and make it less painful for all of us.

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-07-2010
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 10:28pm
I'm guessing that this "you're more liberal than liberals" is some strange new tactic to distract from the corruption and failures of Obama and his Dem clown circus...and to soften the devastating blow that's going to land on the left in November.
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-02-2009
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 12:02am
I know, the republicans are so over! How many seats do you think the democrats will pick up in the Senate and House this fall?

"Resist, we much. We must, and we much. About that, be committed."