Top Repub in Congress Lazy&Hits Bar at 5

iVillage Member
Top Repub in Congress Lazy&Hits Bar at 5
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 12:16am

Yikes. Watch it yourself. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarborough-on-john-boehner-not-the-hardest-worker-and-in-bars-by-five-pm/

This is from a Republican TV personality who used to be a prominent Republican in the House and criticizes the Dems all the time.

This is what the Republicans are about at the core today. I wish it were not so. We wouldn't be in such bad shape if it were not so.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 1:21am
Now if Boehner took as much time off as Obama, for golf and vacations, you might have a point...oh, but wait...the regime says that Obama playing golf is "good for the country." LOL!
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 1:44am
This is a who cares. Many politicians and businessperson drink and so do many of the public.
dragon red Pictures, Images and Photos

dRiving for the rights of the individual since 1969
xvx Pictures, Images and Photos

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 3:51pm

This is what the Republicans are about at the core today. I wish it were not so. We wouldn't be in such bad shape if it were not so.

After having to deal with a congress day in & day out full of Democraps, I'm surprised he's not a heroin junkie

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 4:41pm
In all fairness, I started working for a defense contractor in DC in 1974, and many, many of the reps and senators hit the bars in the late afternoons. Many were taken to the two-martini lunch. My boss was a two-martini entertainer who, while "entertaining" some congresscritters or their staff, could get that lunch to last from 1 p.m. until midnight. Boehner is no different than those old-time politicians we tend to revere once they're old and gone.

~OPAL~

~OPAL~   onoz_omg2.gif OMG ONOZ image by KILLER_BOB11694

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 5:43pm
I was going to bring up the outlandish amount of vacation the critter from Crawford took - but then imagine what kind of damage he would have done if he hadn't taken so much time off!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-01-2010 - 8:37pm
LOL! That's why you don't hear many conservatives griping about Barry taking time off. The country's well being grows exponentially compared to the time Barry's on vacation. LOL!
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 12:12am

Two martini lunches and hitting the bars in the afternoons does not cut it for our highest elected representatives when we are in the middle of the worst downturn since the Great Depression.

By the way, did you see the historians' latest verdict on another prominent Republican? President George W. Bush is the worst President in the modern era according to them. That's right, worse than Watergate. Worse than Tricky Dick.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0701/nations-leading-presidential-scholars-bush-worst-president-modern-era-5th-worst-history/

These Republicans are a sorry bunch. The worst thing we could do for America is let these jokers who led us into this recession take any power again.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 12:36am
The two-martini lunch (expense accounts and all) has long since gone, but the people who crawl to the bars after work are still around. It is sort of a cultural thing for a generation of good old boys in DC. I rather suspect Boehner does whatever is minimally required of him and then, on his own time, hits the bars. I have zero respect for the guy and think his ideology is harmful to our country, but his constituents vote for him. They must be pleased with him for some reason. As for the state of this country, well...it's pretty bad. We get the government we deserve based upon our votes. Say what you will about Republicans and their ideology and behavior, but their voters show up at the polls.

~OPAL~

~OPAL~   onoz_omg2.gif OMG ONOZ image by KILLER_BOB11694

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 8:54am

"They must be pleased with him for some reason."

Or maybe they initially voted for the guy because he was fresh and new and promised reform in the Contract with America. And then when he and his Republican cohorts totally failed to deliver, Fox News took the baton and used their misreporting and demagoguery to keep incompetent, corrupt, wastrel Republicans in office way too long. And yes, Fox is very helpful in whipping up Republican voters and driving them to the polls.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 12:41pm
I guess it's easy to say, "let's raise the retirement age to 70" if you're as lazy as Boehner is. Fine example he's setting for us. When we're forced to work to 70 we'll all work just as hard as he does, and maybe join him at the bars for those last five years. Every night we'll be toasting to the man with the tan, who turned us into a bunch of unproductive hangers-on, like he is.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

Pages