Federal Employee admits to racism

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-14-2001
Federal Employee admits to racism
46
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 11:27pm

Everyone needs to see this:


http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2010/07/19/video-proof-the-naacp-awards-racism2010/


I guess reverse racism is OK and acceptable under Obama.


Soliel
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-26-2009
Fri, 07-23-2010 - 9:10pm

<>


Did you not just call her a racist in your previous post? So you

Chrissy


iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 1:34am

>>> I don't agree with that. She was describing her thoughts from 24 years ago.

She was relating something that happened 24 years ago...there was no need to say things like "send him to one of his own kind" in relating the story today. She's a racist, plain and simple.

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 1:36am

<>

>>> It depends. Again, context matters.

No it doesn't...the white person would have been fired immediately.

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 1:40am

>>> Did you not just call her a racist in your previous post?

Yes.

>>> So you believe that most reasonable people would think that a "racist" should get her job back?

For the reasons she was fired in the first place...which was intentionally not helping a farmer just because he was white. She did this years ago...and sadly, wasn't fired years ago. But you shouldn't fire someone today for something that happened decades ago. Now if folks examined her CURRENT words and wanted to fire her because she's a racist, I'd support that.

>>> And you believe that this "racist" was fired due to Obama's ineptitude? Is that correct?

Yes.

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-28-2009
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 9:09am
Thanks for proving that you didn't watch the entire Sherrod video because if you had you would have discovered that Sherrod indeed helped the farmer, going above and beyond, in order to help them save their farm. That's the reason why I'm not going to hunt through my posts to find the proof I've already posted that you asked for in the other thread.
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-26-2009
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 10:33am

<story today. She's a racist, plain and simple.>>


In relating the story she said, "I figured if I’d take him to one of them, that his own kind would take care of him." By saying "I figured", she's explaining her though process 24 years ago. She told of the murders and racism that she had grown up with and explained how that had shaped her views until she met this white farmer and realized that it wasn't about color. I think if anything, her speech showed how strong she was to get past those initial thoughts even though her life had most definitely been shaped by racism.


Chrissy


iVillage Member
Registered: 05-26-2009
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 10:48am

<>


>>> It depends. Again, context matters.


<>


No, I still think it depends. If a white person had a similar story of murder and racism that shaped their views, then I think it would be more understandable. However, I don't think most white people would have experienced racism to the degree that Sherrod did. That's why I said in a previous post that I do agree there's a double standard. But I also think there's some legitimate reasons for that double standard.


Chrissy


iVillage Member
Registered: 05-26-2009
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 10:52am

But don't you think those "reasonable people" heard her CURRENT words? Why would they call for her to be reinstated if she's the obvious racist that you claim her to be? And wouldn't you think it was a good thing that Obama "fired" a "racist" such as Sherrod?


Chrissy


iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 1:35am
Nah...not when the "sniper bullets" are hitting their target. LOL!
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 1:46am
There is no legitimate reason for a double standard concerning racism. If people stopped apologizing for the racists maybe it would stop.