Federal Employee admits to racism

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-14-2001
Federal Employee admits to racism
46
Mon, 07-19-2010 - 11:27pm

Everyone needs to see this:


http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2010/07/19/video-proof-the-naacp-awards-racism2010/


I guess reverse racism is OK and acceptable under Obama.


Soliel

Pages

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-05-2010
Wed, 01-12-2011 - 2:21am
lv2breathe wrote:

Everyone needs to see this:


http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2010/07/19/video-proof-the-naacp-awards-racism2010/


I guess reverse racism is OK and acceptable under Obama.


iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 4:56pm
Yeah...but it's that apologizing for racism that breeds racism.
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-26-2009
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 9:08am

Obviously we'll just have to agree to disagree.


Chrissy


iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 2:29am

>>> But don't you think those "reasonable people" heard her CURRENT words?

Yes, which is why many of those "reasonable people" recognize her CURRENT racism.

>>> Why would they call for her to be reinstated if she's the obvious racist that you claim her to be?

Because she wasn't guilty of what Obama fired her for.

>>> And wouldn't you think it was a good thing that Obama "fired" a "racist" such as Sherrod?

Personally?...Yes. But that kind of racism from certain minorities is still accepted today.

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 2:22am
Sherrod EVENTUALLY helped the farmer...many months later...after he came back to her a second time and she realized that the barely trained white lawyer she blew him off on hadn't done his due diligence and the farmer was on the brink of foreclosure...something which never should have happened if she had done her job in the first place instead of placing race above her professional and personal obligations. Hardly a "hero" or someone worth praising.
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 2:03am

In relating the story today, she could have said, "I figured I'd take him to a white lawyer"...she chose "one of his own" because that's how she views blacks and whites. That's why she has a racist view of Obama and the opposition he receives. She's a racist...and so was the crowd she was speaking to. They didn't know she was going to do an "about face" with her story...and they were nodding right along with her racist rant.

BTW, she didn't realize that it "wasn't about color" when she met the farmer. She still blew him off on some marginal white lawyer. The "epiphany" apparently came much later when the farmer contacted her a second time because he was on a list to be foreclosed on. Until that second appeal, she was quite happy to have done "the least she could" for him.

iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 1:46am
There is no legitimate reason for a double standard concerning racism. If people stopped apologizing for the racists maybe it would stop.
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-21-2010
Sun, 07-25-2010 - 1:35am
Nah...not when the "sniper bullets" are hitting their target. LOL!
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-26-2009
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 10:52am

But don't you think those "reasonable people" heard her CURRENT words? Why would they call for her to be reinstated if she's the obvious racist that you claim her to be? And wouldn't you think it was a good thing that Obama "fired" a "racist" such as Sherrod?


Chrissy


iVillage Member
Registered: 05-26-2009
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 10:48am

<>


>>> It depends. Again, context matters.


<>


No, I still think it depends. If a white person had a similar story of murder and racism that shaped their views, then I think it would be more understandable. However, I don't think most white people would have experienced racism to the degree that Sherrod did. That's why I said in a previous post that I do agree there's a double standard. But I also think there's some legitimate reasons for that double standard.


Chrissy


Pages