GOVERNMENT $ CAN'T SAVE ECONOMY

iVillage Member
GOVERNMENT $ CAN'T SAVE ECONOMY
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 10:10am

When will Democrats learn that government "tax and spend" policies cannot save the economy:

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 1:07pm

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 2:57pm

The government can print & borrow money

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 3:27pm

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 3:38pm
The real problem is that 1% of the population has the vast majority of the wealth. The private sector is not the answer,government is not the answer. There is no single answer. Both parties are status quo. Both get money form corporations that now can spend as much as they see fit to directly influence legislation to the detriment of the citizenry. The corruption starts when the candidate takes the money. Their loyalty is to who is giving them money.
The taxes need to go up! Way Up on certain types of earnings. The takeover mania needs to be stopped because there is where the jobs really went. All that was needed was a push. Neo-carpetbaggers are at work buying up property that the states were given federal money to buy foreclosed properties and aid the citizen retain their house.

xvx Pictures, Images and Photos

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 4:07pm

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 5:00pm

Hi Tom:
>>>> Corporations can spend to influence legislation, but I don’t believe it would have to be to the detriment of the citizenry. I believe that corporations, as well as the public would want the recovery to proceed as fast as possible.<<<<<<

Corporations are focused of shareholder value. That is their agenda.

A fast uncontrolled recovery can be as devastating as the depression.
Inflation being one of the worse case scenarios.

>>>> I also believe that the loyalty of the candidates is to the people who vote for them, for if people do not vote for them then the candidates would not have power. <<<
I disagree here because to be elected you need large amounts of money. After the elections then those people will want something for their money. Power flows that way. Politicians make a living off of misdirection and out right lies. That is the nature of the game. Most of the citizens have little time for the in depth study that is necessary to really have a grasp and then it may have errors or omitted important items. The citizenry has short memories in general.
From my own experience: the corporations can afford to have paid representative at political debate that the ordinary citizen is not able to attend.
The unfortunate part of this congress has been the childish behavior of many of it's members that has harmed many Americans all for some ideological.
OOPs this turned out to be stream of conciseness.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 6:03pm

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 6:32pm
Hi Tom:
I am having a bit of rebellious computer. I will have (hopefully) a n
longer answer
However this is a Republic Not a democracy. People seem to use the terms interchangeably but they are different.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2010 - 8:55pm

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-07-2010 - 12:08am

Hi Tom:

I refer to this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy
: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_papers

However,I am not so trusting. I distrust congress and see that there is no real interest in serving the average citizen except to use them as pawns. From the last congress who made a mess out of health care(that I believe is what they wanted to do). Reading for the congressional races this fall.

Pages