General ask the soaps

iVillage Member
General ask the soaps
Sun, 12-05-2004 - 10:58am

I am shocked they posted one that shows them in a bad light (one I agree with on some of the responses) but of course then they had to throw one in that praised them.

Dear Soaps,
Hey, how about instead of editorializing, you just answer the question? I don't need a lecture on what constitutes an "interesting couple" according to you. A simple "Sarah Brown's contract runs out in January on As the World Turns, so stay tuned" or "The Young and the Restless's Jack and Ashley have had several residences, but can always come home in times of trouble" is more than adequate. And I won't even comment on your "full figured-Alison Sweeney" answer. Good grief! They must pay you by the word. — Lynn

Dear Lynn,
Ouch! "Ask Soaps" gets opinionated in a column, and you go all medieval on us. When it comes to recalling nearly 60 years of soap history — or predicting the outcome of a story that hasn't been written yet — you've just got to add a dose of humor! It seems some people like a little POV with their questions. See the comment below.

This person calls what s/he does humor? I call it being rude most the time!! Some responses are rude and some are not.

Here is the one praising them:

Dear Soaps,
Actually, this isn't a question. I just wanted to say thank you for your response to the "Why Kill Phillip?" inquiry. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the show is shooting themselves in the foot long-term with this. Bravo! — Maria

Dear Maria,
Thanks for the compliment. While our opinionated answers don't work for everyone (see the comment above), we think it's important that we don't only provide answers to your most burning soap questions, but also give you a little analysis of how soaps touch or infuriate us here at "Ask Soaps" as we watch on a daily basis. Some of our comments will hit it right on the mark with our readers; others will be one big strike! But don't be afraid to share your views with us. "Ask Soaps" loves to know it's reaching out to a diverse audience!

Proud CO Cl at: