"It is with a strange malice / That I distort the world." -- from The W
There are people here who also think cash "insensitive" and a thoughtless gift; I say: "Bring it on!"
Poetry contains almost all you need to know about life--Josephine Hart
Wow, you're first answer is a novel plan ... and fun to boot!
I don't have a list, will just shop bookstores, online and chapbooks advertised in magazines.
1. Will you give the gift of poetry to anyone on your list this year? NOPE
2. Which store will the majority of your holiday shopping be done? ONLINE/TOYS R US MOST LIKELY
3. Will you be traveling to visit family during the holidays? NOPE
4. Which would you rather have: cash or gift cards? CASH OF COURSE
5. Will the soaring cost of utilities affect your holiday spending in any way? SOME, MY HEATING BILLS ARE GONNA KILL ME OFF
BONUS: Finish this sentence: "Under no circumstances do I want any more damned _________CANDLES!!!____________ and a pox on anyone who dares give it to me!"
I told BF about the bonus question and he asked: "What's wrong with coffee mugs?"