Just a Question:

iVillage Member
Just a Question:
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:50pm
... just a curious question -- Where in your house/apartment do you do your writing? Do you have your own private space, or do you have to share, is it in the middle of noise or is it peaceful? And what about windows? Who all gets to look out the window?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: dazer
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:29pm
OMG! What a delicious collection of writing venues! And the sounds! We are quite a bunch, are we not?

My computer is right inside my bedroom door, and literaly surrounded by STUFF! (This house is much too small for all that it is called upon to house.) I have to share my workspace with about half a dozen gamers, so.... However, I do most of my writing longhand, so I write sitting on the bed, or if its sunny and not too noisy, I work at the kitchen table. Anywhere works if I have a notebook handy. :-)

I listen to music all of the time, partially as a screen to the constant noise generated by kids and the TV, etc. What I listen to somewhat depends on what I am working on, but generally I listen to New Age, Classical, music that suggests certain ideas that I am writing about, and stuff that does NOT sing. Other words are distracting to me.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Pages