I'm New

iVillage Member
I'm New
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:25am
Hi, I am cathy, and I am new to these message boards. I have been looking around and reading all day (because apperantly the message boards were down for awhile and I was getting VERY frustrated..lol)

OK So, I am 28, currently living in Germany, originally from california. I need help losing weight. Ok maybe SUPPORT instead of help is a better word. No one can help me other than myself.

I signed up for a mentor, but I couldn't figure out how to sign up for the journal buddy (I will try and figure it out though).

Cathy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:35am
Hi Cathy...

WELCOME to our board family here :)) We are happy to have you join us.

The boards were down earlier as we just switched over to this new board format today..so there might be a few glitches...

As for signing up for a journal bud...Just post up that your looking for one, and people will find you. Your mentor will walk ya thru it as well.

Be sure to check out the NEWBIE NOOK up above these posts to help ya get started as well...

We are here to help ya as best as we can...Starting out slowly is good...little changes make BIG differences!!! Be sure to start drinking that water, get in some kind of daily exercise...and plan some healthy meals and snacks...and your on your way :)))

HUgssssssss and I look forward to getting to know you better.

CL-Zoo

zoogirl@sympatico.ca

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 8:35am
Hi, Cathy! Welcome to our board!!

Please forgive us if things seem a little confused today. We're all dealing with this brand new board format and it's something of a struggle to get used to it.

Anyway, best of luck to you on your journey, and I hope you'll stick with us so we can all learn more about each other and support each other on our way to improved health!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:02am
hey first i want to say WELCOME.and u come to a great place to start your journey! We can journal together, just send me your email addy.. here's mine.. lonnie_darlene@earthlink.net hugz, to ya, darlene heavenly_brat
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:12am
Hi Cathy! I am Kimmy, I am also 28 & from Ohio, married with 2 kids. I have been here a few months and trying to lose 70 pounds. If you would like to journal, email me at:kimmyacz@ameritech.net. If I can help you by explaining anything let me know! And welcome! We are glad to have you here!!

Hugs, Kimmy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 5:09pm
Welcome to the board! I'm an Air Force wife and mom of four. Germany? Woooowwwwww! I'm at McGuire in NJ. (right next to Ft. Dix) I've been coming in here for a few years, this is a wonderful place for support, inspiration and ideas!

Again, welcome!!

Hugs, Linda

ogress_1@yahoo.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 6:28pm
Hi ....... welcome to this great board..... even though it's a bit confusing right now. It's a new format, which some of us just don't like. I am also a mom of 3. You can journal to me if you would like. I have been heavy all my life, losing weight is very difficult and many here have helped me along. My email addy is: midillin@charter.net

So we all know how you feel and what you're going through. We all can use some encouragements. So come back often to read, post, vent, brag, cry, any questions..... just ask........... Irene
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 6:42pm
Hello Cathy! Welcome aboard! I got your email about a mentor, and I'll answer you tonight. I'm sorry for the delay, it's been a difficult past couple days for me. I've had some trouble with my leg muscles, and have been grieving over a CL here who passed away yesterday. Not to worry though, I'll get all mentored *hehe* and on your way to a healthier YOU! Oh and just so you know, my email addy has changed from what's posted on the mentor webpage, sorry again! My correct email is striving4health@aol.com.

Great job jumping into the board and getting started! Whoohooo!

Hugs,

Connie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:49pm
Hi Cathy, welcome to the board! This board has been a great source of support for me and I hope you find that it is the same for you.

Wendy