Exercise motivation

iVillage Member
Exercise motivation
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:04pm
Okay gals, looking at my last weeks journal I realized I need some major motivation for exercising. I have been skipping out on it way too much! What keeps you motivated???

Thanks,

Angela

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:18pm
Two weeks ago I did a swimsuit "mini" challenge with other board buddies. To visualize myself in that swimsuit I designed and knowing what I need to do to make it reality pushed me. That motivation is still there.

I feel I used my "extra layers" as a shield from so long it was just the norm, and now I am ready to break from those UNwanted layers and be free. I want to spent the rest of my life with my Sweetheart. I want to be here for my sons and someday their children (they are 11 years old now so have a few years for this one).

When I exercise - either the gym, walking, aerobics or what ever manner it may be I feel those layer leave. I am breaking from the shield that is keeping me from living as I truly want to live.

Elle

** If you wish to have another 'buddie' to help on a daily basis please feel free in getting in touch with me, we will correspond. :o)

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:33pm
Hey Angela...

I have finally gotten back into my exercise. I find that one thing that helps me is not to expect too much from myself. I try to make my exercise goals prettty low... and then when I go above and beyond, I feel like I have accomplished a lot. Also having someone to exercise with really helps, and online buddies, to keep you in line usually help too.

Good luck! you can do this!

Nicki

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 3:02pm
I have been working out consistently since January 13 and the only thing I can attribute the success to is that I work out FIRST thing in the morning (well, I stop by the bathroom first). I get up an hour early which is incredible for me because I am generally a snooze alarm monster. But I have noticed that working out BEFORE I have time to think about it and come up with excuses is the only way I am consistent. If I say I will do it later in the day I can always come up with a million delays. And once it is over with, you have that wonderful success to look back on all day long!

Maggie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:32pm
This may sound a little corney, but truly what keeps me motivated to exercise is how good I feel during and after the exercise. Also, just knowing that as I exercise I burning calories and fat~ and giving my metabolism a nice good boost to help my body keep burning cals and fat after the workout. Of course the tape measure and scale are also motivators, hehe.

Hope that helps some :)

Hugs,

Connie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:28pm
Truly, for the first few weeks of exercising I just have to push my butt to do it. I can't find any motivation other than knowing I will like it if I keep it up and I will hate it if I do it sporadically. That's not much help when you are still in the hating it stage, hehe. Anyway, now it is all the muscles I can feel that I couldn't before and my slimmer profile!

Wendy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:36pm
The "Exercise Your Age" challenge is making all the difference for me! Also making sure I'm reasonable and flexible in choosing my exercise each day has been a key. I have several options, some easier and some more intense, and I make sure I fit the exercise to my energy/pain level that day.

~Cindy~

AmStillMe