Monthly weigh in results....

iVillage Member
Monthly weigh in results....
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:14pm
I weighed in over the weekend. I was too upset to post it yesterday, but in the light of new dedication, I'm going to post my success.

Since January 27, I have lost 30 lbs and 45 inches. Since my last weigh in, my BMI has decreased 1.5 and my fat mass has decreased 4.5. I know these are great results, and I'm very pleased with them.

I'm going down in my clothes size, which is nice. I've gone from a tight 18/20 to a comfortable 14/16 and even some 12's.

Now...the emotional side. It's very difficult to adjust to losing. My biggest concern is that I've been this size before, but I've never gone lower. Part of me is afraid that I will stop again, just like all the other times. This next month is my proving point. I have to prove to myself that I CAN go lower than a size 14, and then my mind will be set for the next portion of my journey.

So there you go. Very mixed emotions today.

Hugs to all of you!

Kristina

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:24pm
Kristina...

You are doing great! I know exactly what you are saying. I remember feeling that exact same way. But you know what some wise people told me... don't look too far ahead. Just look at today. Think about the choices you are making today... make the best choices you can in each moment of each day. And if you do that, you will get there!

Keep up the good work hon! I know you can do it. Way to go!!!

Nicki

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:25pm
You ROCK!!

I know it's easy to stumble on the mental portion, but you've worked so hard for this! I know you can do it!

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:27pm
Hey, how absolutly wonderful...you must be flying high!! I would be. I have question for you...Can you share how you did it? I would really like to know. If you would prefer, you can e-mail me...

Susan smyrosh@hotmail.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:31pm
That is WONDERFUL !! Be happy with those fabulous results.

And in regards to the other you shared; please don't put up a fence since results in the past produced something you didn't want. This is another day and another time. This is YOUR time !! Smile when you pick up those size 14/16 and KNOW you will reach for those size 12's ... you have done it. Be very proud of this accomplishment and keep it up.

It is a lifestyle change ... not falling into old habits but living each day a healthy, happier you.

Elle

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:41pm
wow, u have lost 45 lbs in less than 2 months .. sheez, how did u do that?

anyways, u can go lower than a 14.. that is what we are here for, ENCOURAGMENT! BECAREFUL AND MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES.. lylas,darlene
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:54pm
Noooo...30 lbs....45 inches....lol...45 lbs would have been nice though!

Kristina

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:29pm
You will continue to progress until YOU say you don't need to progress any further. It's your choice, Kristina... trust yourself. You are armed with a great deal of knowledge, have a great external support system and you have a fine mind. You'll find your way to the perfect "size" for you!

Celebrate your success and don't question what's next... just smile and be happy that it's all within your reach!!!

Hugs...

Heidi

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:40pm
Wow, Kristina! Awesome accomplishments!! You are an inspiration! :)

I understand about having a hard time adjusting to losing weight. My clothing sizes are larger than yours (right now, hehe) but I have the same kinds of feelings. I can now fit into some size 20s and that's awesome, but I still think of myself as a size 24. And, like you, I've been this size before, not tooooo long ago, but haven't been a size lower in almost 10 years~ and it makes me a little nervous. But we will press on and become smaller and healthier and face our fears and self-doubts head on and come out victorious!! Right???

Congrats on all you've accomplished so far!!!

Hugs,

Connie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:58pm
What a wonderful achievement. I hope you are very proud of yourself.

I am positive you will achieve any goal you set yourself.

And if emotionally you stick at a particular weight for a while, until you can/want to go lower, does it matter ?

Be proud of what you have achieved.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 6:50pm
Hmmm. Note to myself. Stay on Kristina butt. She has this fear that she can't do it. I know that she can. Hmmm. I don't think she noticed what she wrote.... I am into some 12's. The lightbulb isn't hitting her in the head yet that she has indeed done what she thinks was the impossible. hmmm. Maybe if she reads this she will realized that she has indeed broken her own record of going under size 14. It only takes one size 12 item to break the record.

Congrats on your accomplishments.

Sonia

Pages