Howdy buddies! Update on me...more

iVillage Member
Howdy buddies! Update on me...more
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 4:55pm
It's been a recovery day for me in many ways. First, physically, my legs are finally feeling like my own again. I think that on top of my hamstrings and hips being extra-sore from all my gardening over the weekend that I had pulled my right hamstring. Yesterday I cried my way through Walmart because it hurt so bad. DU was such a sweetie, he gave me a really good massage and my leg felt soooo much better afterwards! Gotta love those free massages, LOL. Now today, after 40 minutes of Yoga, I feel like I will indeed survive these sore/pulled/tired leg muscles. Yay!

Emotionally, I'm recovering from the shock and sadness of Diane's passing. I didn't know her very well but her Fruit & Veggie challenge and journal focus meant alot to me. She brought alot to this board and I will miss her deeply. To add to my sadness last night, my best friend called and needed to unload some of her sadness and frustration about her just started divorce and general unhappiness with herself and her life. She was just bawling as she talked and my heart just felt like it was in a million little pieces last night. I think all the crying I did yesterday did my soul good....got in some good cleansing and reviving that I needed.

Mentally, I'm recovering from several days in a row (more or less) of not so great food choices at dinner. I've thought of alot of excuses but don't really believe any of them. My problem is that I got off my mini-meal plan, got caught up in weekend gardening, and just plain didn't take the best care of my food needs as I need to. Diane's passing has reminded me that my focus for losig weight is NOT for a smaller body, it's for a HEALTHIER one..........and so today I'm refocused on healthy foods and times to eat them. And it feels good and balanced.

Now I just have to recover from getting used to this new format, LOL. It's not as bad as I thought....there are things I like and things I don't~ but such is life. And life will go on and I will adjust to this change. :)

Hugs to all,

Connie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 11:09pm
So this is where your post was hiding. I finally figured out how to find it! LOL! I'm almost up to speed with the new board but since I have dialup and an old slow computer it takes me alot of time to read and post to the board now.

Glad to hear your legs are getting better. Gardening is very hard on your body. They actually suggest you do some stretches before and after. And if you are kneeling down to make sure to get up and stretch every 10-15 min or so. I always end up with sore knees from all the bending when I first start gardening.

We got a bit of snow today so I'm putting off the garden for a bit longer. It's all melted now but now it's really mucky out.

Diane (piper3)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:09am
(((HUGS CONNIE))))) I think it was really mean of them to throw this board change at us the day after Diane passed away! (I know it wasn't just us, but I was hardly in the mood to deal with this yesterday!)

Sometimes I really love days like yours-- it is a great way to learn about yourself even if it is painful. But you are truly setting yourself up for a new beginning, not just with diet or exercise but with life, and that is always exciting..

Chin up buddy!

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:22am
(((Connie)))) I am sending lots of hugs and supportive thoughts to you. Good luck with re-focusing. I know it is tough and we are here for you to lean on when you need.

Maureen

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:31am
It is so hard to keep exercising when your muscles are sore isn't it? Mine hurt from yesterday and I am trying to get the nerve to do it again! I have been gardening also! I just added a bunch of veggie seeds over the weekend! I am so excited to see some sprouting! I ahve planted a lot of veggies and can't wait ot eat them! I am so glad I set up my garden area last year!

Karen

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:52pm
Whooooooohooooooooooo for new sprouts! That's sooo neat! I saw my first 4 sprouts today, and I'm just thrilled! I feel like I really accomplished something, it's a whole new world for me. I'm really loving this new hobby! Sore muscles are part of the package, and I'll survive. It actually helps me to take better care of myself when my muscles get that sore.

Hope you're having a great Thursday!

Hugs!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:44pm
Hi Connie!

I am glad you are back in the swing of things and sorry you had a rough few days there....but things will get better!! I am impressed by your yoga....wow I probably couldn't even do it without sore legs!!LOL

Hugs, Kimmy