What I am doing to navigate the board...

iVillage Member
What I am doing to navigate the board...
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:02am
I thought it might be helpful to post up what I am doing that is helping me make my way around the board efficiently and without missing posts. Anybody else with some hints and tricks please post them up here.

I am opening two windows, in one window I am doing the Outline View and in the other I have the standard board we all open up to. When you are in Outline, every time you read a message it comes up in the window with the standard board and it's fairly easy to navigate but you can't see all the responses. So, I cruise all the "discussions" on the standard view and when I find one that I want to read all of the responses I glance at them on the outline. This saves a lot of time as I can see all of the one line responses without actually having to open them up, but is simpler than just using the outline because I can more quickly pick the topics and posts that interest me on the standard board. Also, if other people are posting while I navigate the board, I have that original outline I opened up so I can make sure I am catching every topic. It sounds complicated but it's actually the easiest way I have found to navigate. It seems to me that using just the outline or just the new format is really hard to do.

Hope that helps someone...let me know how you are doing it, if you are making headway. Thanks,

Wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:48am
Wendy, that's the technique I finally ended up using too. Although I'm a bit confused about how to find the newest posts after I'm finished reading. It usually takes me awhile to read and reply to everything, then I want to see if anything's been posted during that time, and I don't quite know how.

Also, is anyone else having a problem staying logged in? If I close the browser window I'm using to read this board and then later come back to the board I am logged out. This happens even though I always check the little box at login that says I want to always stay logged in. I never had this problem until they switched to the new board format.

~Cindy~

AmStillMe

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:36am
It's good to have a choice, but I do have it on outline. It's just so much simpler if you want to read straight through. Trish
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:39am
It's doing the same to me. I've had all kinds of glitches. Almost every time I try to post, I have to sign in again. And don't even get me started on the profile thing - finally had dd do it for me. Nothing like a 12 year old to set you straight! Trish