OMG! I got my bike and body fat scale...

iVillage Member
OMG! I got my bike and body fat scale...
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:53am
Ok first the scale...I'm a little bummed about it because I got on it and it said I'm 4.5 pounds more than my old scale, which pretty much leaves me needing to lose 14.5 pounds by April 18 to reach my mini-goal. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it and tell myself that a)I'm fully clothed, and b) I've eaten and drank today. I usually weigh in as soon as I get up and in my birthday suit, lol. What I should do is weigh myself on my old scale right now and see what it says then. Hang on (like you're reading this real time, lol)....Okay, so the new one is 2.5 pounds more than my old scale...only I'm going to go ahead and assume it's more accurate.

Just between you and me (yeah right) it said 50% fat. I'm glad to finally know though and I'm looking forward to watching it go down.

Now about my bike...

I LOVE IT!

I got an 18 speed mountain bike (jr girls because I'm very short, lol) a gel seat cover, rack with saddle bags, another handle bar bag, all the other fixins too like a lock and tire pump etc. I rode it a little aound my parking lot and down the street (took the side that has a hill) and HOLY CRAP, I don't remember it being this hard, lol. Like 5 minutes out there and my legs were ready to collapse. I'll keep getting out there though, it feels so good to ride a bike again, it's been 11 years since I've been on one. I'm planning on taking it everywhere! I'll have to talk to the kids school and see if they allow the kids to ride to school, then I won't have to walk anywhere and I can just keep going for as long as I want.

And on a completely different note, I think I might be able to get used this format afterall. I still don't like it, but I'll live.

~Tanya

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:05am
Yay!! How exciting!! That sounds so great. I think I would love to have a bike to ride. Although I think I might be too scared... I had a biking accident years ago, and I am still kinda gun shy from that. Guess I will stick to my running. lol

I might have to look into one of those scales too... I really need a new one anyways, so I might have to see how much they are, and think about getting that kind. Sounds like a cool thing to have.

Later girl!

Nicki