Thoughts on the board.....

iVillage Member
Thoughts on the board.....
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:23pm
There are some things I like...but not many. I hate not being able to see everyone's post, and if I hit the view outline then it doesn't give me the option of going back...it opens a whole new screen with no toolbar. I don't like having to click on each individual post to see responses. If I respond to one, and they have a question back for me, I have no way of knowing that without clicking on every response. Does that make sense?

Anyway...I'm hanging in there, but I will admit that the first day, I had decided not to come back as much...but I'm being a trooper and giving it some time.

Kristina

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:39pm
I agree with you on all of the points you made... and I was thinking about not visiting much, too, but as you can see from my new post, I really need the support, now more than ever.

I hope you'll stick around, even if the format isn't ideal. You're a part of this place.

Hugs

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:03pm
Actually there is something you can do about seeing responses to your posts.

If you have this board in your favorites, then when you click on favorites and it shows you a list of all your boards, it tells you which boards have had new posts since the last time you were on it, and how many of them were directed to you. Check it out.

I really like that feature because it saves me the time from coming here when there haven't been any posts at all. Especially handy for people like me who keep a window open for each board and keep hitting refresh, lol.

To get the outline view with a tool bar, instead of just clicking the link, right click it and choose 'open in new window'. I hear you can even bookmark the board that way so it saves it as your default, but I haven't tried it yet so don't quote me on that, lol.

*sigh* I have to go clean now...

Tanya

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:34pm
I open an outline view then every time I open a new message it takes me back to the original screen complete with toolbars to read the message. I glance back at the outline while using the new screen to post and stuff. That way, by refreshing the outline every once in a while, I can see all the posts and responses and only make the ones I want to see pop up in the next window. Also, I have access to all the features of the board and can easily get back to the original view. I know, I can't make it sound less confusing, that is just how I am having to work it. HTH

Wendy