New Board - Long

iVillage Member
New Board - Long
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:13am
This new format has taken the pleasure out of the board for me. I go to overview but still have to scroll down through things dating back several days trying to get to what I am looking for. It is taking so long to go through the posts since a post from several days ago can be brought back to the top with a reply. Next month will that same post still possibly go to the top if someone answers it not realizing that it is way old. I have enjoyed & tried to answer as many posts as possible in the past but since this change I rarely do. From what I am getting from a few of my journal buddies I am not the only one. I keep checking in hoping that some new system will come along to help sift through. I do not want to leave the board as I really feel so connected, but this has been a frustration. In the past when I wanted to snack I would come to the board if only for a few min & leave feeling so motivated. Now I leave frustrated. If I am the only one that feels this way I am sorry but I really miss the old board and the motivation it brought. Looking on the last few days I don't think the motivation is the same. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.
iVillage Member
In reply to: topstree
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:30am
I totally agree with you but don't know what we can do about it.

Misty

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:03pm
I know what you mean. The whole board now lacks any sense of conversation now. But you can get used to it. Give it some more time. You never know if eveyone is still unhappy with the new boards iVillage may make some changes to them.

Hang in there and if you can't stand the boards just e-mail me anytime.

Diane (piper3)

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:19pm
i totally and completely understand........ I have found similar feelings -but i can tell you that our suggestions are heard.......

sooooooooo feel free to email our cm - joyce and see what she can do

hugsssssssssssssss

cl-beth

cm-joyce's email - Joyce Philbeck

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 4:27pm
(((Teresa))) I'm so sorry to hear what a hard time you're having with the new board. Proud of you for keeping at it and giving it a chance. I'd hate to lose you off this board, but you have to do what's best for YOU and this board is causing more frustration than support or motivation then maybe you should take a week's vacation from the board and see how you feel about just focusing on journal buddies........just a thought. I've kind of thought about doing this myself. But I'll probably just end up posting up less with the new format.

Big hugs,

Connie

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 9:45pm
Hang in there Teresa! I didnt like it much at first either, but I'm getting a little more used to it. I'd hate to see you leave the board! Hopefully they'll get all the bugs worked out soon!

Hugs,

Tracie

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 2:17am
I know what you mean.

It was great to be able to skim down the list and see what was happening, it was a way to feel quickly connected.

I tried to be positive about the new board, I mean its new and change is good blah blah blah.

But times like this, when I feel sad and down and vulnerable its hard to feel CONNECTED to the board.

I too hope something can be done.

xxx

Catharine

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 8:45am
I totally agree with you on this one. I'm not as motivated as I was in the beginning on my journey. I've stuck with it and try my best but its not as fun here as it was. Cuz you can't see all the post and when you click view then you look at post that aren't the ones you were looking at before. Not the same but I love you all and I want to finish this journey and I know that the only way to do it is to be here. So , I guess what I'm saying is: you ALL are worth dealing with this new board. You all are the reason I keep coming back. So Thank you all for being here cuz I couldn't do this without you, Chara*