Missing In Action Smurf is BACK!

iVillage Member
Missing In Action Smurf is BACK!
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 6:04pm
Hi, all! Just stopped by to see everyone! I'm feeling MUCH better now that I'm just about over my cold and my thyroid isn't inflamed any longer. However, I can't shake the fever that I've had for over a week and a half now and my thyroid has grown a lot. So, the doc wants to see me yesterday. They think my Graves' Disease has kicked in and started to regenerate my thyroid, which is why I can't lose the fever. My metabolism is working TOO fast with the increase in thyroid mass. Great for losing weight, but hell on heart and muscles. Bummer! I mean big time BUMMER! I already told them that I will NOT go through radiation again! That's how I gained all of this weight in the first place! I'm sure as hell not going to go through that and heap even more on what I still need to lose, which is still pretty much all of what I gained! So, anyway things have kinda sucked lately, basically. If I can just get my disease under control again, I think everything will settle down around here. I hope! lol

I'm still doing well on my plan, but have decided to lower my carbs. I let them get up a little too much. I haven't been able to exercise since I've been sick, which STINKS! I was all siked up to do it (and I'm sure many of you realize how HARD that is for me!) and got hit from all sides! As soon as I see the doc Monday, I'm going to start back if he says it's ok. I honestly can't wait! It's been SO nice outside here for the last week or two and I've been stuck inside with a box of Puffs! *sigh*

Oh, and I STILL haven't found a JOB!!! But, I am doing a little freelance work now, which will help. I just wish I could find a freakin' full time JOB! The job market blows right now! Sher, I hope your job is going well! I'm still not getting your journals. Check my e-mail addy: lilflame13@hotmail.com.

While I'm here I might as well give my 2 cents about the new board format. Ok. Whoever thought this discussion format would be better is a nut! I mean if you had an easy pull down bullet option for responses, yeah. But this stinks. I'm in IT and I do site design all the time. I would never use this type of format without easier accessibility handles. Umm, can you say already need another upgrade! Hello! iVillage? Are you listening! :-D

Well, I just wanted to drop by and apparently write a book for ya'll! lol No, seriously, I hope all of you have been well and doing well on your plans. I've missed you guys!

Never give in and never give up--as Pat likes to say! Things happen. Deal with it and keep on pushing.

Hugs to all!

Kristie :-D

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 11:37am
I'm sorry that you're sick and all of this is happening to you, Kristie. I hope the doc gives you the go-ahead to start exercising again. I'm having my New Beginning starting when I wake up tomorrow! Hang in there and I hope you feel better real soon!!!!!

Huggers, Linda

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:19am
Thank you! I hope your New Beginning started out GREAT! :-D

Hopefully, I will be back in the swing of things next week myself! ;-D

Kristie :-D