Not going to be on the new board- more

iVillage Member
Not going to be on the new board- more
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 9:04am
Very much anymore. I agree with so many of you that the dicussion and motivation of the previous board it gone. I can't find what I'm looking for anymore. It takes too much time and effort to find a post (especially when it gets "bumped" up all the time). I know you all say use the "outline view", but it's just not the same. I'm unmotivated. I feel like the board is a cold and sterile operating room now. Plain, uninviting, unstimulating. (And it's NOT the people, because you are all so wonderful)

I can deal with change, I just don't think this format works. And it is very saddening because when I discovered this board a month ago I looked FORWARD to logging on and catching up with everyone. Now... I haven't turned on my PC in 3 days just because of how disgusted I am with the new format.

I'm not giving up, but, I'm not really posting or reading like I used to, either.

I'd actually like to get a little "email motivation" group going with anyone else who's just finding it too hard to get the personal connections they did on the old boards. Like I said, I'm still going to be around, but I think I'll be a-lurking now. At this point, emails would just be so much more motivational and helpful than the frustrations I'm finding on the new format. If anyone else wants to do emails, along with the boards, please feel free to email me at LDouillard@msn.com

Sorry this seems so whinney and pathetic sounding... I just need to find something that works for me. Lets try to stay motivated... drink that water, eat those veggies, get out and move! (I did a 2 mile hike on Friday, and a 1 mile hike on Saturday.. yippie)

Hugs to all,

Lisa

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 9:10am
(((((((((((((((((Lisa)))))))))))))))))))))

I am sorry you feel that strongly about the boad format.

I for one am not happy with it either..but I am trying to find the positives in it.

If you play around with it, you will see neat little useful features.

Like before with the old board, we would only know if our post was read by seeing a response....now we can see that others are reading out posts even if they are not responding to them. You can see that whne you do the ouline view..it shows the number of posts posted to your post and the number that have viewed them.

Change is a hard thing...especially when it is as drastic change as this...and it will take some time getting used to.

I hope you keep checking in with us.

Hugs

CL-Zoo

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 10:15am
Lisa... Zoo already took all the "give the board another chance" stuff... so I'm just gonna say a woo hoo!!!!! to all the hiking!!!

If you're not going to be "running" around here anymore... at least keep running, ok???

Hugs...

Heidi