'morning, Divas!

iVillage Member
'morning, Divas!
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:09am
Whew! What is going on here??

You all have been shaken up some!! I visited this board a few weeks ago. I saw all the CLs up top and I wanted to join the fun! I work on another board, so I didn't know I was CL here until yesterday ... AND! Come to find out you are starting off as an (almost) "new" board!

Bless your hearts!

Well! I am sticking with you! Your health, positive attitude and joy of life is what's important!

You are Divas! You are beautiful, inspiring ladies who deserve the very best! I promise you that Jenn and I will be here for encouragements, laughs, "attaboys", tears (it's a gimme being women!) and a great place to drop by and keep (and make) more friends. We will work on making the place safe and conforting for you!

I am working on my web page (in transition) I gained most of my weight with my two sons. I've been maintaing for many years. Yes, I know! I may not had gone as far as some of you, but the issues are the same! The teasing, the jeers are the same! No one likes it!

I am no expert. I am an ordinary woman (albeit with burgundy dreadlocks and "small tattoos" that my hubby is still fussing about!), overworked, underpaid, and a total optimist! I am an eldest daughter, so I tend to fuss and be an "earth mother" of sorts! I think you can make your dreams come true! You can reach for the stars! You can smile, get a pedicure, spoil yourself along the way, and generally enhance your health, whether to lower your blood pressure, control diabetes (an issue in my family), or drop 100 + lbs! There is no limit! And you most certainly deserve it!!!

Stick with Jenn and I! Let's talk about good health! Let's talk about weight reductions truths and fads! Let's talk common sense goals! Let's TALK!!!!!

Tell us about yourself! I want to know who you are and what's important to you!!

Smooches!

Cee

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:56am
Good Morning, Cee

Thank you for the wonderful bio and uplifting message. It is a great way to start a cold drizzly Friday morning. I am going to start to ball rolling and tell you who I am. I, too, am an average woman - overworked, under appreciated, trying to hold down a career, a home and some sort of social life. When I get time I like to spend it quilting or reading. Not very active activities are they?

I am totaly on board with you in regard to getting and staying healthy! I like to tell myself that vanity is not my reason for being here - it is purely a quest to regain strength, energy and agility. I want to be a participant in life, not a spectator. And if I happen to loose 100 pounds, woohoo - bonus!

So, welcome aboard and I look forward to working with you.

Maggie

295/278/180

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 8:19am
Good morning, Jazz. I like Jazz. It sounds more sexier. Yep, I am the one that goes out in search of good looking hunky men.

So I guess you had a surprise, surprise finding out that you are a cl on this board. I know Jenn and you will do a good job.

Sonia

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 8:25am
Cee thank you so much for your post and most of all thank you for joining us at probably the lowest point of this board. We are all fabulous people here and it is a kind of messed up time. I love Jenn got to know her very well through this board and I will always be sticking with her and the other members of this great group. I look forward to getting to know you better as we travel along on this journey!!! Thanks for being here! Debra
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 8:32am
O YEAH!!! You're gonna fit in here GREAT!!!

We need a an upbeat, fun person like yourself!!

Let's get rockin' & get healthy!!

cl-JeNN

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:20am
Cee, I smiled the entire way through your post! LOL You are so upbeat and positive: THANK YOU!!!

Yes, I am a diva. *giggles* Go check out my profile and webpage and you'll find out HOW MUCH of a diva I am!

Thank you so much for being here!

Huggers, Linda