Update on Cindy's (AmStillMe) Health

iVillage Member
Update on Cindy's (AmStillMe) Health
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 4:51pm
Hi, folks. Just thought I'd let you know the latest on my health 'stuff' that's been going on for a bit. First of all a recap: My weight has gone from 283 on March 18th to 300 this morning. That's 17 pounds in 17 days. I've also had chest pain, shortness of breath, more swelling than usual in my feet and ankles and legs, and muscle soreness all over.

So, my cardiologist wants me to double my diuretics, take a potassium tablet daily, reduce my salt intake, reduce my water intake (boo!), have an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) on Monday and see him on Thursday. If my symptoms worsen before Thursday, he wants me to go the the emergency room.

So, that's that. I won't be able to keep up the 100+ ounces of water a day, and my weigh-ins for the time being will be skewed. They did say I could continue with my "Walk Away the Pounds" workouts until I see the doctor, though. And, of course, I can keep working on eating right. So, not all of my plan has to go by the wayside.

Thanks for listening, and I'll keep all of you informed.

((((HUGS))))

~~Cindy~~

~AmStillMe~

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 7:33pm
Cindy, I just sent you an e-mail before I got to this message. I do hope things will get better, and we are always only a click away. Take care of yourself! Trish
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 3:40am
Thanks, Trish, I really appreciate it. Your concern means a lot to me. Just to let you know, the treatment seems to be working already. I dropped *nine pounds* by the time the day was over. Don't you wish it was always that easy to lose nine pounds in one day!!!

~Cindy~

AmStillMe