Any Weight Watchers here?

iVillage Member
Any Weight Watchers here?
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 9:35am
Happy Sunday, everyone! I am kinda new to the board so I was wondering if there are any of us using the Weight Watchers program? I have been using the plan for a few days and am going to my first weigh in (this time around, have joined 8 or more times since age 13) and thought I'd see who else is counting POINTS. Thanks! have a great day!
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 10:07am
HI! I am, and I love it. I have been on the program since 2/28, and have lost a total of 18 lbs. It is so easy for me, and I actually seem to bank extra points easily. My biggest help has been drinking LOTS of water. As for motivation and encouragement, you can't beat this place. I am doing Online WW, so having this group is like having a daily meeting! Welcome! Trish
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 10:25am
I'm a ww person also!! I do the online ww and my name on there is THENEWJENN. look for me!! I love the points system, sooooo easy!!

Glad you're here post on the board!!

Let's do this!!

cl-JeNN

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 2:35pm
Hi, Jenn. I've had trouble getting my online WW to post, but just got the bug fixed and hopefully can do more than lurk there from now on! I'm Cheerio2003 there. Trish
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 11:31am
I've been going to WW since Mid Jan and I love the plan. It's sooo simple! I was active at the "old" board about two years ago for 9 months. I lost about 40lbs doing it "my way" - exercising at Curves and doing Richard Simmons tapes, plus counting calories and fat using Dietwatch.com. It was a lot of work! I got preggos again in Sept 2001 and wasn't able to do much for a while due to a tough pregnancy that included some bedrest. Unfortunately I gained everything back during my pregnancy.

I started WW in January and have lost over 30lbs! It's so easy to keep track of what I'm eating and the thing that I like the best is that the program teaches you to gradually lower the amount of food/points that you are eating as you lose. That means that you learn maintenance as you go - ideal!!

Since last year we've moved, I have two kids and my grandmother living with me (she broke her pelvis last October and is still healing, unable to do much for herself) so I don't have the time to go to a gym. For exercise I've been doing lots of yardwork, weeding, gardening type stuff, in addition to the massive amounts of housework that a big 6 person household needs. Hey, it's working! ;)

I think that WW is a great plan and would encourage anyone who is struggling to give it a try - it's pretty cheap to try out and if you don't like it it's no loss!

Hugs,

Aylene

Mom to Simon 10/98

and Matthew 5/8/2002

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 5:04pm
I am also doing Weight Watchers. I have lost 11 lbs since March 3rd. I weigh in tomorrow, but I don't know if I have lost any cause I have been sick and not really in the "mood" to count points. I ignored my points for five days last week. So, hopefully I didn't gain. I don't go to the meetings I weigh at my gym. I just bought the Walk Away the Pounds DVD that everyone talks about. I ordered it online so I am just waiting for it to get here.

~Amber

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 9:06am
I do Weight Watchers and Curves. I am down 17 pounds in six weeks and really thrilled with the progress. My next weigh-in is this afternoon so I am looking forward to seeing my new number! Good luck this time. I know what it means to be a re-tread! Maggie