Since we're updating...

iVillage Member
Since we're updating...
Sat, 08-29-2009 - 2:17pm

As you may have read in my posts from last weekend, I decided my problem was nuts.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-29-2009 - 3:16pm

Congrats on giving up the nuts! and Congrats on the 3 lb loss! Glad your daughter is speaking to you, and even happier that she's finished with the alcohol. Your post about your daughter makes me wonder what's in store for me with my three...

All the best,
Tracie

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-29-2009 - 3:23pm

Thanks Tracie - I guess I should qualify my statement as "she seems to have given up the alcohol for now".

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-29-2009 - 3:40pm

My Mum (who is now my best-friend because she's sober), was like that with alcohol. She'd drink for several months on end. Then she'd go on a diet and not consume alcohol anymore (and become human again). Then the wedding/reunion/party/vacation would be over, and she'd start to drink again. It's so very hard. I can't imagine how hard that must be on you, to watch your daughter hurt herself... Gosh that must just tear you apart... Glad to hear you go, or have gone to al-anon. I wish they would have had al-a-teen when I was growing up. But they didn't (at least not in my area at that time.) Do you feel they've been a help to you? I sure hope so.

About the nuts. I'm thinking back to my Weight Watchers days. If you find single serving bags expensive, (and they ARE!) but you like the convenience of having a quick, high-energy snack ready at hand, you could try pre-bagging them yourself. If you get some bulk almonds, and tiny Zip-Lock bags, count out how many nuts is a serving and pre-bag them. Then freeze them to avoid temptation. Or if having them in your own freezer is too much of a temptation, (it would be for me!), then ask a neighbour or family member to store them in their freezer for you. It's just a thought...

I can't wait to be under 210! And so what if the goal came a bit later. You did it! Kudos to you, girl! ...and with all the stress... To me that's a double acheivement!