STARTING - FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!

iVillage Member
STARTING - FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 4:32am

Hello again everyone!!! I posted a re-introduction thread a few weeks ago, as part of trying to start a new, healthy lifestyle. Let me just say, I am a PRO when it comes to procrastination LOL!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 8:28pm

Sabrina, I'm so glad you came back with a re-committment.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 10:43pm

Sabrina,

I'm glad your here we all have a long battle ahead of all of us and together we will get threw.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-25-2009 - 11:06pm

Sabrina,

Welcome! I like when 'The Biggest Loser' looks at the emotional aspects of weight...because I am pretty sure that most people aren't overweiggt just because they like food...in fact, when you really start to look at the food you eat, it is sometimes amazing how much of what we eat is not high quality and n fact, we don't even always really like it.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 10:05am

Hey Sabrina,

Welcome back! I'm excited for you and your decision to join WW. It is an excellent program that can have life changing results.

I occasionally watch Biggest Loser, and I've also started watching Big Medicine. I don't know if you've seen it, but it too deals with people being emotionally ready for weight loss. They primarily deal with weight loss surgery, but they won't perform the surgery unless a person is ready to face why they ate and allowed themselves to get so large in the first place.

I know my eating was never tied to hunger but comfort and escape.

I echo Liz's comment about pick an activity/exercise and do 5 minutes. Start small and consistent and gradually increase it. I know it isn't easy to exercise when we have all this excess weight on us, and we may not be able to do as much and for as long in the beginning, but I promise you will see results. Don't give up!

And, drink LOTS of water, it makes a HUGE difference.

Cg

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 10:36am

Hi Sabrina, and welcome to the boards!

These ladies have given some wonderful advice and I believe you will find great support here if you stick around.

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 2:22pm
Hahaha!! Yeah, if you haven't heard from me in over a week, then definately call me out LOL!! I am a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts, so after thinking about it, it might not be possible for me to post DAILY, but I will aim for a few times a week! I want to make this as much of a committment as the weight watchers meetings!!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 2:25pm
Yeah, I know, Jillian would definately break me apart, but I know she'd also put me back together again!!! I really wish I could be on that show, it would be incredible to lose weight that fast!!! I know it's not realistic in the real world to lose weight that fast, because life gets in the way, and we can't focus on it as much as they can on the ranch. But if I could leave my life behind for a little while to deal with my weight, I definately would!!!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-27-2009 - 2:27pm
Oh, I agree 100%!!! I'm definately self-medicating with food!! I guess it's easy to rationalize it sometimes by saying "Well, I'm not drinking, I'm not smoking, I'm not doing drugs, I'm not having promiscuous sex....so it's ok" But that's total bull!! It is NOT ok to eat myself to over 400 pounds!! I have to start looking at it from another perspective!!