Kicking the soda habit!

iVillage Member
Kicking the soda habit!
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 10:31am

I have been trying to kick the soda habit. I seem to crave it and although I have stopped buying it for myself at home, whenever I eat out, or go to a party, I can't seem to help myself. I think my love of soda has something to do with the carbonation and not the sugar though because I really love seltzer water. The seltzer helps ease my craving for soda so I buy 2 cases a week so I never run out and have an excuse to go out and buy myself a coke. I was wondering though, does seltzer water count as water? It has no sugar in it, not even artificial sugar and although it may have some kind of essence of lemon or something, it seems like I could count it towards my water.

How have you kicked the soda habit? Or have you?

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 11:53am
I'm not sure about the seltzer water, but I did want to tell you that the cravings will dwindle down. I used to be a sodaholic. Then I became a dietsodaholic. I've really cut back. I VERY seldom have a diet cola anymore. Like you, sometimes if I eat out I might order a diet drink, but usually I prefer water over anything else. I've always loved water, though. If you've never been a huge fan of water, it may take you a little longer. But, I've found that when I'm thirsty, there is nothing like water to quench my thirst. I think you'll continue to crave the colas less and less!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 8:58pm

Abby,

I think that as long as your seltzer is sodium free you can count it as water.

SJ